Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

How to turn off or adjust snap

Pitcher

I find myself playing tug-of-war with Version 18 of A:M more than I used to with Version 15. There seems to be a lot more snap. I pull a control point to a position when I am modeling, and the computer snaps it back to where it was. How can I turn the snap off or adjust it to a level that is helpful?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mirror mode is not on. I am not rotating anything. Sometimes it is in a very small space. It does't happen all of the time, but just enough to be annoying. What happens is I pull a control point out of a crevice (from between two other control points), and it snaps back to where it was. Sometimes, it seems to resist on the second time I pull it out.

• Admin

If you ever run into a really strange thing in A:M that appears to be out of the norm of regular operation and nothing seems to work to get it back to normal operation...

- Save your Project (preferrably under a new name so that you an always return to the previous if necessary)

- Reset A:M (This is accomplished via the Help menu by selecting Reset Settings)

- Close and Reopen A:M

- Reopen Project

This is especially useful for those of us that go days upon days without ever closing A:M down.

The same can be said for Windows and other operating systems that are continuously running.

Sometimes it helps to shut everything down (completely!) and then start it up again.

It's amazing sometimes how many cobwebs can be cleaned out this way.

For a practical example of this consider that Windows itself sometimes will accumulate a number of updates that won't be fully installed until after a reboot.