Trailer for Brad Bird's new movie

robcat2075

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Disney's ability to cross-pollinate between their movies and the parks is simply amazing. Just from the little bit of Tomorrow Land shown on the trailer I caught all kinds of references to that section of the Magic Kingdom. No doubt the merchandising machine has already kicked into high gear in Orlando.

• Admin

Disney has always been good at the cross polination marketing thing but since about the time of the PIXAR purchase a concerted effort has been made to upgrade/update every aspect of Disney's themeparks. I recall when 'Cars' came out visiting Tokyo Disneyland and being convinced that the old go cart raceway would eventually be replaced by PIXAR Cars because what kid wouldn't want to drive around in a Lightning McQueen go cart and pretend you were actually in the movie? The same goes for any number of other older properties at the theme parks.

In related news: Did you all notice that James Cameron has partnered with Disney to transport families to the world of Pandora?
Is it an accident that this new part of Disney's 'Animal Kingdom' is set to arrive just in time to fall in sync with the three new Avatar sequels?

http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/avatar/news/26feb2015-video---disney-releases-a-preview-of-some-of-the-work-taking-place-on-avatar-for-disney's-animal-kingdom.htm

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing Tomorrow Land. That looks like a fun movie.

• Admin
I guess I'll have to watch "Country Bears"

The Country Bears movies that recently came out... haven't seen 'em.

A good update of 'Robin Hood' would work well for the Adventure Land forest area.

Too bad I can't get the ear of Disney planners because I think I could pitch them a pretty decent update to the Disney 'Robin Hood' mythos.

'Robin Hood' remains my favorite Disney film for a number of reasons.

As for furry animals... 'Zootopia' is on the slate of upcoming movies and should give everyone all the furry animals they can stand.

I will say that while Country Bear Theater wasn't where I wanted to visit as a kid... my uncle and aunt made us all sit through the Country Bears show and I recall it as a fun time with lots of humor and witty banter. I was fascinated by how they could get those animatronics to bring character performances to life right there in front of us. When visiting Tokyo Disneyland with my kids... my family all refused to go there because the other shows were considered new and exciting by comparison. They don't know what they were missing. ;)

Hmmmm.... that may be one of Christopher Walken's better performances:

xhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1rkXYGK6Ls