Hash, Inc. Forums

Trouble activating Trial version

cribbidaj

Hi - I'm trying to get my trial version A:M v.18 up and running on my Macbook Pro OS 10.9.4. I followed all of the download instructions in the email I received from Hash accepting my request, renamed the downloaded license "master0.lic" per the instructions, and placed it into the folder next to the application, yet when I try to open A:M, I'm greeted with a dialog box requesting an Activation Key.

I have been using A:M15j on an older Mac and want to try the newest version of A:M on new hardware before I decide to buy. Can someone please advise me how to address this issue. I've contacted tech support by email and tried by phone, both to no avail. Thank you.

could you send me the mail address you registered with as a PM?

I'll try to see if something went wrong with the request then.

Jason is very likely answering you after the weekend, but if you need it faster I can have a look at it.

See you

*Fuchur*

I could, but it would be the same file you already received since your host-id is the same... it may be that Jason can do more, but if I send a new one, it would be the same...

So just to check:

- You installed the newest version of A:M v18?

- You copied the file "master0.lic" into your installation folder?

- There is no other file called "[anything].lic" in the folder?

- You started the v18 version and not something different (for instance another version like v17)?

> The last one is really only to make it sure... this is sometime a little troublesome, since v17, v18 etc. have the same icons on windows machines... I am not a Mac guy... like that I can not really guess much more here....

If you did all that, I guess you will have to wait for Jason... I am sorry for that...

Fuchur -

I requested a trial version of A:M18. The following day I received an email from Hash Inc. saying my request was accepted. Within that email were 4 links. One link to A:M for Windows, one link for A:M for Mac OSX, one link for A:M for SSE4, and a link to the license file. I clicked on the A:M for SSE4 (since my Macbook Pro is a mid 2014 model and following instructions from these forums have surmised my machine supports SSE4) and downloaded the software from there, assuming it is the latest version. I did NOT also download A:M for Mac OSX - am I supposed to do that as well? Is the SSE4 link just for a patch or for the full software? That's a bit confusing to me.

After installing the software (from just the SSE4 link provided in the email from Hash), I downloaded the license file from the link in the email. It showed up in my downloads folder as "master0.lic.txt". I renamed it "master0.lic" per instructions in the email, moved it to the A:M18 Folder now in my Applications folder on my HD (it's the only version of A:M ever installed on this computer). I double-clicked on the A:M application and was greeted with the Activation Key Needed dialog box, for which I would need an activation key, which has not been provided to me, to open into the software. Failing to provide an Activation Key just causes me to abort loading the software.

I have tried downloading the "master0.lic" file again via the link provided in the email from Hash, just to see if the license file got corrupted somehow, but am told I can't download it because it has already been downloaded.

Thanks,

Chris

I figured it out - working! Even though I changed the name of the license file, the extension didn't get changed. In the "Get Info" of the file the extension was still ".lic.txt" Once I changed it there everything is working and I've accessed my trial period - thanks!