Hash, Inc. Forums

Gradual change in color or opacity for normal models

Pitcher

I am aware of changing color or opacity on a timeline for particles. Is it possible to do this also for regular models? For example, if I want a character to change from red to blue gradually or to become invisible gradually, how do I do this? I've tried going to different places on the timeline and changing percentages of transparency or color, but the program changes these characteristics to whatever the current percentage or color is for the entire timeline. I've looked for a way to put a curve for transparency on the timeline, but have not found it. This is probably a simple question for someone who knows the answer. It's not simple for me right now. Thanks.

It occurred to me after posting that I also want to know how to change color or opacity not only for an entire character, but also just for a group associated with the character. For example, I might want a character's jacket to change color or I might want his head to disappear.

That is quite straight forward... go to the chor / action / pose you want to do that, click on the little folder-structure-like icon (crossed with a big red cross, button is called "Show more than drivers") next to it in the PWS and go to the group you want to animate. You can animate any surface-property you want exactly as you did for particles like that.

See you

*Fuchur*

if you are animating transparency you need to animate specularity too since this is not animated with it...

in case of reflection, transparency and index of refraction it may be better to animate transparency in post since rendertimes will be much higher in 3d (accuracy is smaller though... dependes what you need).

see you

*fuchur*