Hash, Inc. Forums

Mac glitch?

TheToadStool

Hi, I've been wanting to ask about this for some time now... Every time I attempt to apply a decal to a model, I get fragments of other jpegs and whatnot that appear as the decal in A:M. I can't make accurate decal applications as a result. It's really weird. It has always been the case and I've had to do all sorts of voodoo to correctly apply a decal. Is A:M designed to work best with a PC? I have those continued problems like not being able to open files unless I switch to the finder and click on some random file in order to go back to A:M and use the open file commands. I am just wondering, in this case, if there is a way to get the decals to appear correctly and no, it is not a matte of hitting command-D. This is a bug.

thanks,

Adam

Screen Shot 2015-01-16 at 1.22.15 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-01-16 at 1.42.06 PM.png

Sadly this is a long standing problem which sadly despite Steffen's best efforts to fix remains.
The problem is related to Nvidia graphs cards that are in most Macs.
Some Macs use AMD cards and these machines should be free of this problem.
See this thread for some more info and a sort of workaround in the last post: https://www.hash.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=45848&do=findComment&comment=392948