Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

TaoA:M (The Art of Animation:Master) Online

Dpendleton77

I was gone for awhile taking classes in another software and I find myself wanting to dive back into Animation master and I see a sub-forum with this my curiosity is peeked. Question so there was a certification in this at one time or is this in the planning? I could not look in the forum as it was marked private. Thanks.

TaoA:M (The Art of Animation:Master) Online

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

There was a certificate awarded at one time for completing the all the exercises in the manual.

I've toyed with the idea of bring it back.but are some considerations... first and foremost would be that I want the experience to be the most rewarding possible for anyone making the attempt.

The subforum is private mainly because there is nothing to see there.

The idea being that enrolled students might have access to resources/information not publicly available.

(i.e. some resources considered 'fair use' might not be outside of educational channels)

If there is interest I'd love to see the online TaoA:M return. :)

• Admin

The only thing we need now is a few more folks to join in with a desire to work through the manual.

The timing is certainly right, with it being the beginning of a new year. (In this way there'd be good way to recognize the 2015 alumni)

It's always going to be more fun when those in the trenches... actually doing the work... can compare their notes.

I expect Robert would be open to the idea as the experience of those working through the current manual would provide feedback which would aid in the next iteration of TaoA:M (which might not actually be called TaoA:M).

It should be noted that anyone can embark on working through TaoA:M at any time. There just hasn't been an official online certification for a few years.

I would have totally done this.

I suppose the question now would be, "Are you still up to it?" :)

The only thing we need now is a few more folks to join in with a desire to work through the manual.

The timing is certainly right, with it being the beginning of a new year. (In this way there'd be good way to recognize the 2015 alumni)

It's always going to be more fun when those in the trenches... actually doing the work... can compare their notes.

I expect Robert would be open to the idea as the experience of those working through the current manual would provide feedback which would aid in the next iteration of TaoA:M (which might not actually be called TaoA:M).

It should be noted that anyone can embark on working through TaoA:M at any time. There just hasn't been an official online certification for a few years.

I would have totally done this.

I suppose the question now would be, "Are you still up to it?" :)

Yes I am still up to it.

• Admin

Give us a few days to brush off the dust from the manual and we'll start 'er up anew.

As an introduction to the course I will suggest reading through at least to the first exercise of the manual and skimming through the rest to see what areas of interest particularly stand out to you.

Having a notebook (pen/pencil and paper) handy to jot down questions, insights or to make note of areas that you'd like to dig into greater depths is a good idea as well.

While the certification is designed to acknowledge the ability to follow the manual (enough to be able to apply the principles to your own projects) this is meant to be a fun experience so reserve lots of imagination to go beyond the exercises too. :)

Exercise 1 is entirely too simple so... do that and then dig around for some variations on the theme of the execise.

For instance, open up another model provided by Hash Inc and explore their settings/poses.

Knowing more about the models earlier can help later when you want/need to use those.