Hash, Inc. Forums
Sign in to follow this  
markw

Crash When Rendering With SSAO & Stereo

Has anyone else found when trying to use SSAO on a stereo render with Left and Right images that the first image of any given frame (for example frame 371 would comprise of L371 & R371) goes through OK but the second image R# renders up to the point of doing the SSAO and then A:M crashes.
Have tried so far in 18, 18a and 18b.
Multipass is set to 5 passes, softening ON and it is after the last softening pass for the R image when the SSAO should be rendered that it crashes.
Stereo works fine in v18 when not using SSAO.

Haven't tried it but if all else fails you could build a two camera-rig for the shot and render each one.

To see if it is a stereo problem or an SSS problem, can you try turning stereo render OFF with SSS on and see if it works?

I may be wrong on this, but my memory is that multi-pass crashes the stereo render. At least, that's what happened to me on the Mac.

To clarify;

SSAO on it's own, with or without multipass works fine.
Stereo on it's own, with or without multipass also works fine too.

SSAO & Stereo, with or without multipass = crash.

Mark, interesting that you say you've had problems in the past with a Multipass & Stereo combination, it's never been a problem for me.

Robert, the two camera setup would be a good workaround if I decide to go the Stereo route. The animation is nothing special and I was just experimenting with different render options which is how I discovered this crash scenario.

Save your PRJ that crashes and it will make a good AMReport :)

Coolio... the next test would be to see if it happens in V17, maybe it is something that got 'broken' in 18.

Sadly SSAO (Screen Space Ambient Occlusion) wasn't added to A:M until v18, so it looks like this particular render feature might have started out slightly dented!

Anyway, I've submitted a bug report to Steffen.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this