Hash, Inc. Forums

music video (what I've been up to)

thefreshestever

in case some of you have been wondering what i was doing over the last 6 months:

https://vimeo.com/104251702

some of you might have already seen this on facebook.

it´s not made with a:m (although it could have been), so i´m posting this in the off-topic section.

rodney, if this is a problem, simply please delete this post.i just wanted to share it with the people who taught me the ropes of 3D.

i hope you´ll like it.

• Admin

Very nice indeed. Outstanding in fact.

The only thing I didn't care for was the three fingered hands on the girl.

Once I saw that I couldn't help but follow those hands throughout the video with other cool imagery occasionally bringing me back to the intended focus.

it´s not made with a:m (although it could have been),

I won't ask. That sure would have made a nice showcase for A:M though. ;)

I'm working with someone right now on some environments that will likely include jungle sets and now have to reconsider those to an effort to avoid aping your cinematic style (it's that burnt into my memory). When I saw that intro I immediately said, "Doh!" So perfect. Then I started wondering, 'Hmm... I wonder if we could just borrow that part of his video." ;)

Very impressive.

Most excellent! Wonderful flow, editing, stylization, excellent cinematography, camera angles. Especially fascinated by the water, lava, special effects, etc, especially since they look purposely and well composed and under artistic control! (how did you do them?)

nancy, the 2 scenes with the waves at the end are made with a rig a little bit similar to our ocean rig, fractal noise patterns drive the deformation of the mesh. one can adjust several parameters, noise types etc and then animate a controller to control the flow of the wave.

the lava and some other water scenes (everywhere the liquid has to interact with geometry) are liquid simulations, they take a lot of tinkering until the behaviour fits ones needs.

the smoke and most other fx are simple particle systems. the mist is just volumetric lights with fractal noise patterns.

rodney, go ahead and "ape" as much as you want, i didn´t invent cinematic jungles either ;)