Hash, Inc. Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

detbear

V18 rotation handle jerky

When using the green, red, blue axis rotation handles on a bone, it jerks forward and backwards.

Sometimes 20 degrees or more.

I use TSM2 rigs.

But it makes rotating bones very difficult.

This seems to occur in both actions and choreography. Maybe in Modeling as well. But I haven't had time to test it.

William

Just to mention it: For me, many of the problems I encountered when first using v18 were gone when I uninstalled v17 and v18 and reinstalled A:M v18 on my computer.after that...

(if you want to try that, FIRST save your mater0.lic-file! If you paste the file into the installation folder after that you will be able to use it again.)

See you

*Fuchur*

When using the green, red, blue axis rotation handles on a bone, it jerks forward and backwards.

Sometimes 20 degrees or more.

Is it a constant problem or just sometimes? I find the rings can be unpredictable when I am turning one that is seen at close to an edge-on angle.

(I presume you mean the rings rather than handles.)

Just to mention it: For me, many of the problems I encountered when first using v18 were gone when I uninstalled v17 and v18 and reinstalled A:M v18 on my computer.after that...

That's unexpected. Do we know what files are shared between versions?

If you install v17 after v18 do they both work OK?

Did your "Options/Unit/Rotate snap angle" get accidentally set to a large number? Perhaps like 20 or something?

Hi William- hope you are well. I've found V18 not quite ready for prime-time yet- for my recent work I've reverted to using stable V17 and back-burnered the 18.

It's not the snap angle setting. I frequently change that around though.

This seems almost like gimble lock. You begin rotating and it begins to jerk around back to where you started and randomly at other points

on that particular axis.

Robcat.... Yes I mean the rings(red, blue, green)

It doesn't matter if I'm close up or far off.

William

Hey JB,

Yes... could be some kinks still in V18. But I've been sticking with it to see how it works. I like the new advances.

If it comes to it, I'll boot up the old V17.

William

I can't duplicate the problem with a simple case of bones.

Possibly there's some sort of accumulation of circumstances that causes it.

I'm sure you've done this but... save everything and start A:M again.

Better yet save everything and the restart your computer... shutting it all the way down... heck even pull the power cord and leave it out until the backup battery for your RAM runs out.

That'll make sure data held in temporary memory is entirely flushed out.