Hash, Inc. Forums

Trouble Rendering avi in V.18.0F SSE4

Tom

Hello Hashers-

I have a copy of Version 18.0F SSE4 on a Windows 7 computer that did not have any animation previous animation software on it. It runs great.

I also bought another copy of Version 18.0F SSE4 at Comic Con so I could bring my old computer (which already had an older copy of AM 17) up to the latest version. This machine performs well except that it won't render avi files when rendering.(?) while running V18.

I know V18 has no problem with rendering avi files because the first machine renders them easily.

My thinking is that maybe there is something that V17 has on the machine which is preventing the newer updated V18 from rendering avi.'s properly.

Should I delete Version 17 from the computer? Or is there some specific file hidden somewhere which is preventing the newer version from rendering avi.'s properly?

Many thanks for any insights!

Tom

• Admin

The only times I recall not being able to render to AVI it was due to a missing codec.

To test this you can change the codec setting to 'uncompressed' and if it renders then that is a good clue the problem is related to installed codecs.

Another option would be to just go ahead and download a variety of video codecs.

I can't recall the site off hand but there are several that have all-in-one collections of codecs.

• Hash Fellow

What Rodney said. Try "Full Frame (Uncompressed)"

There are several old AVI codec choices that will not work in A:M.

I don't know if it's possible for A:M to filter those from being displayed.

Is it only with AVI-renderings or does it do the same for TGAs or other image formats? In general I highly suggest to first render to an image format (tga or exr) and after rendering is complete combine those images again...

Like that if something is going wrong, you will only have to re-render a small part of the video and even if the rendering is disrupted, you can just start again from where it stopped working after fixing the problem...

See you

*Fuchur*