Hash, Inc. Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

markw

Forum Members Not Able to Receive Messages

I don't think Robert is try to avoid messages? but I just tried to send him a message about some broken links in his list of tutorials and received an onscreen message that he cannot receive messages?
Here's a screenshot:

OK here isn't a screenshot!

How do we attach images and video in this new site? I see an "Image" button but that just asks for a URL?

AFAIK I should be able to get messages. I do get some.

OK here isn't a screenshot!

How do we attach images and video in this new site? I see an "Image" button but that just asks for a URL?

"More Reply Options" make uploading possible

Ok, felling really dumb here :blush: but I still don't see any buttons for uploading files from my computer. Help!

Any way Robert, here are the tutorials with broken links but there maybe more:
Keyframing Options
Keyframing Basics
Pose To Pose Basics
Making Bones Stay In Place

Below the text entry area.

Bellow the text entry area (where I'm typing this) I have; 'Add Reply', 'Preview Post' and 'Cancel' that's all

Well that's conspicuous by it's absence in my case I'm afraid :(

I would post a screenshot of what I'm seeing but I can't! Oh the irony :rolleyes:

Well that's conspicuous by it's absence in my case I'm afraid :(

I would post a screenshot of what I'm seeing but I can't! Oh the irony :rolleyes:

Have you tried a different browser?

Say Rodney's name three times and ask him if it's some sort of permissions thing that needs to be set. :)

It sounds to me like you are using the Quick Reply mode (where uploading options don't exist).

Do you see an option to use a 'Full Editor'.

If I can find the setting I may set that as the default because folks so often have problems finding it.

The old forum was set that way and few knew a quick reply mode even existed.

Of course, that would completely negate the purpose of the Quick Reply feature.

No, I get no upload options in either window.

I'm using Firefox normally but I have the same problem in Safari and Chrome so I don't think the problem is browser based.

I've put two screenshots on Dropbox so you can see what I'm seeing here:

Quick Reply Window: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1873820/Animation%20Master/Uploading%20Bug/Quick%20Reply%20View.png

Full Editor Window: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1873820/Animation%20Master/Uploading%20Bug/Full%20Editor%20View.png

It would appear the prolific Robcat had entirely filled his quota of messages.

The problem should be resolved now so launch a bunch of spam at him.

Robert,

Don't panic when you see an empty inbox. Your data is in a folder named 'Holding',

You can move it back or to some place else if you so desire but I didn't want to risk losing any data while adjusting settings.

Yay for Rodney :yay: you fixed something some place!

I can upload stuff now and Robert can get all his messages!

If only all problems were that easy to fix. :)

One thing I noticed when we came to the new forum is that a lot of PMs I had previously deleted came back as PMs marked "deleted".

I wondered what was the point of deleting messages to free up space if they are really all still there? :rolleyes:

Ah you are reminding me of my workgroup manager days...

If it's anything like email or most operating system file management the files/messages are moved to a delete folder pending intentional removal from that location.

The classic example of this is the Windows or Mac recycle bins/trash cans. Whether the file is actually removed at deletion time depends on your settings for that trash can.

After removal from that folder... short of methodologies used to recover data from harddrives themselves... the remedy to recovering an errant deleted file is to recover it from server backups.

Don't ever think something online is erased... if the server admin is doing their job it can be recovered via a recent backup.