Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

How to maximize AM's performance?

Darkwing

So for the first time in ever, I have a pretty decent PC. 3.5ghz Intel i7 quadcore, 16gb ram, 2gb nvidia graphics card. So how come my render for AM still takes 5 minutes? And I'm not rendering anything all that intense BTW. Furthermore, when I pop open task manager, it's only using like tops 15% of my resources. My PC is set to high performance and I gave AM realtime priority in task manager, but that hasn't caused AM to use any more resources. Is this as good as it gets for AM's processing power? Or am I missing something (cause I don't really know much about getting a computer to run at peak efficiency)?

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow

I'm going to guess 15% represents one of your 8 hyperthreads (four cores plus four fake cores) fully committed to A:M plus whatever else the system is doing. A:M uses one core.

I don't know what you're rendering so 5 mins may be fast

If you are rendering animation, NetRender will put frames out to all available cores and use them all. NetRender is great for using all of a multicore system.