Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

poses acting even when off at start up

Okay was playing with expression assigned to pose

got this qucik result

rand1.mov

now however when I try to place the model in a new project/chor it acts as if pose is on even though its off in model and chor area

can someone try to place rbird.mdl into chor and position it and see if it misbehaves

:blink:

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

David that allows the model to be placed in the chor but it could not be placed anywhere in chor window at least when I tried

I'm thinking it would require adding a positioning bone in the Choreography and replacing the "0" in the "If()" statement to the XYZ of that positioning bone. Then, while the Pose is off, you would be able to move the object using the positioning bone.

I can't put an example together until late tonight, but, hopefully I explained it adequately.

Try this John.

I added a root bone to the dynamic chain and set the expressions to that bone. Now you can move the model anywhere in the chor. (bones with expressions can not be animated)

I also set the poses to "not set" in the user properties of the model. This is the only way to turn OFF expressions, this can not be animated in the chor. If you want to animate the pose, another bone and pose will be needed. (new bone, same hierarchy as root bone, expressions set to that bone instead. new percentage pose, root bone "translate to" the new bone with expressions)

rbird_fix.mdl

That did it except I rotated the root bone 90 degrees to keep the birds above ground once they started to "dance" after setting them in position with pose 1 off

rbird_fixed.mdl

rand1fix.mov

Thanks for looking at this and solving the issue ..back to tinkering :lol:

Oops, forgot to check the roll handle on the root bone. Just set the z rotation to 0 in the bones properties.

You don't need the pose off to move the model bone, so you can actually animate the models positon to give it even more randomness.