Hash, Inc. Forums

Following Tute; Stitching Vase hole problem

Blickfang

Hi

I am following the Modeling Tutorial and making the vase. It came out nicely. But when after I "stitched" the holes in the bottom of the vase in wire view, they were still holes in shaded view. It's just joining 4 CP's correct?

If this is gone in rendering-mode your normals are facing the wrong side. Depending on what you want to do with it (use Displacement-Maps, export it to 3d printing or a game engine) you can go to "Tools > Options > Rendering" and set first "Quality = Shaded" and below trhat "Show Back Facing Polys".

OR you fix the back facing normals bye flipping them (which would be better).

See you

*Fuchur*

• Hash Fellow
The problem is a missing CP...

clip3459BlickFangsVase.mov

That quite possibly might be THE best help I have ever received in ANY forum EVER. Thank you Rob. You Da Man! And thanks Fuchur for the tutes!!! :yay:

Be sure to let all the other fangs know!

One of the things that facilitates help is that the A:M forum lets us upload screencam movie files like that. A lot of forums will only let you upload a picture or two or not even that and you have to provide your own webspace if you want to show something.

A:M Forums makes it easy for me (or anyone else) to screencam an answer and post it. clap.gif