Hash, Inc. Forums

Mirror CP weights

Working on the Bear model and trying to set up the cp weights. Two things occur to me.

One,

is it possible to do all the weighting for one side then mirror it to the other side, as it is with the "Mirror Smartskin" option ?

Two

Is it a Mac quirk or, when selecting the bone in the weighting window, for example Right Bicep geometry, the bone named in the box below could be the Left Knee Fan bone. It is then necessary to scroll through all the bones to find the one you want ( and there are a LOT in the 2008 rig ).

It does get a bit wearing after awhile.

regards

simon

• Hash Fellow

Mirror Bone will mirror CP weights. Is that not working for you?

If there isn't a mirrored bone it will create one to mirror weights to. If there is already a mirrored bone it will just mirror the weights.

• Hash Fellow
Two

Is it a Mac quirk or, when selecting the bone in the weighting window, for example Right Bicep geometry, the bone named in the box below could be the Left Knee Fan bone. It is then necessary to scroll through all the bones to find the one you want ( and there are a LOT in the 2008 rig ).

It does get a bit wearing after awhile.

They are in Alphabetical order since v17, I think. If you are on the current version and they are not that would be a proper thing for a bug report.

Mirror Bone will mirror CP weights. Is that not working for you?

If there isn't a mirrored bone it will create one to mirror weights to. If there is already a mirrored bone it will just mirror the weights.

Robert

Thank you for your helpful reply. There are mirrored bones, because they come with the 2008 rig as part of the installation process. If I click on Mirror Bone again in the PWS will that mirror the weights too or do I have to click on individual bones ? Either way will be faster than the current process. It keeps sticking as well but thats another matter altogether.

regards

simon

I don't think there is a way to mirror it (although Robcat could probably do it in a spreadsheet, because he is so clever), and I agree it is a bit tedious... I have some smartskin and weighting videos on my YouTube channel (but they are tedious as well :) )

William

Thank you for your reply. I've watched some of your tutorials, they are far from tedious.

regards

simon

• Hash Fellow
Thank you for your helpful reply. There are mirrored bones, because they come with the 2008 rig as part of the installation process. If I click on Mirror Bone again in the PWS will that mirror the weights too or do I have to click on individual bones ? Either way will be faster than the current process. It keeps sticking as well but thats another matter altogether.

regards

Try this

clip3442_MirrorBonePlugin.mov

regards

Try this

clip3442_MirrorBonePlugin.mov

Robert

Thank you, downloading now to watch after exercise.

regards

simon

There are mirrored bones, because they come with the 2008 rig as part of the installation process. If I click on Mirror Bone again in the PWS will that mirror the weights too or do I have to click on individual bones ?

I haven't watched Roberts video, so the following may be redundant: According to instructions for installing 2008 rig (4/20/2011) on page 72, 73 of the pdf, it says:

page72pdf_4_20_2011.jpg

page73pdf_4_20_2011.jpg

There are mirrored bones, because they come with the 2008 rig as part of the installation process. If I click on Mirror Bone again in the PWS will that mirror the weights too or do I have to click on individual bones ?

I haven't watched Roberts video, so the following may be redundant: According to instructions for installing 2008 rig (4/20/2011) on page 72, 73 of the pdf, it says:

Nancy

Thank you for your reply. You are correct. In my usual impatience I had overlooked that and went on with the installation. Glad all the iterations got saved now.

Back to the grindstone.

regards

simon