Hash, Inc. Forums

Paw Patrol Birthday Card

largento

I thought I'd share this here.

A friend contracted me to do an illustration for her daughter's 5th birthday party. The daughter really loves the new Nick Jr. show Paw Patrol. She originally wanted me to draw it, but I asked her if she was game for me going the 3D route so that it would look like the TV show.

I created models of the daughter and the number 5 and used images as layers for the rest. It came out surprisingly well.

birthday_card.png

I watched an episode of the show while prepping to do this and I gotta say it's really pretty to look at. Very appealing characters and a simple, cartoon style that makes everything look like a toy.

Thanks, Rodney,

She saw it when I sent it to her Mom and she was thrilled.

I was pleased with how easy it was to composite it all together in a choreography. That new AO also helped add shadow under the character layers.

• 1 year later...

That was the only one. My friend (the girl's mom) had asked me to do that one because there weren't any available at the time. As your link shows, there are plenty of resources out there. At the time she was asking, I don't even think any toys had been released. I was lucky to find those promotional images that I used.