Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

What do you think?

So I tried to make some new business cards. I liked someone the stuff in the post so they are a lot like it.

v18_buss_card.psd

v18_buss_card_bk.psd

they are still editable and I will take any suggestions tomorrow when i have a bit of time i will work on the flyer. I still hope to get some good ones today but I'm working on this for back up.

Ok I already see and edit I need to remove the tongue but that is an easy fix.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im fixing some common mistakes people make with business cards.

also trying to make some suggestive fixes.

ok so i fixed all the major issues with placement and pictures.

ill start with the back of the card.

there was just way too much going on. when someone looks at a card you want to make sure that you get an idea of your company in less than 2 seconds.

the logo did that right away. so dropped everything else and just used the logo.

the massive amount of links. completely unnecessary since the hash.com has a link to every one of those right on the homepage.

the front of the card.

when someone is reading your card you want to make sure that the info is easy to read.

you had too many clashing colors as well so i went with a 3 color for the text and background. the characters will add the other colors with will make it a 4 color print (CMYK)

also moved the other picture you had on the back to the front. when you look at a card you want a persons eyes to make a circular motion starting from the top going around the card and starting at the top again.

we do this with the title Animation:Master and link, then going down to the picture on the right then the info, ending with the picture on the left and starting back at the top again.

its more pleasing to the eye. and people will stare at it longer which will make them remember you easier!

here are your cards.

v18_buss_card_V2.psd

v18_buss_card_bk_V2.psd

you´re right, you suck at this :P

i did a quick fix, i don´t have the time to redo them completely right now...

it´s mostly about the spacing, sizes and arrangement. you don´t need a 12pt font size on a post card, this will look like page of a childrens book. i reduced it to 10 pt, that´s still too big though IMO...

don´t use so much colors for headlines and stuff, that kind of stuff starts to look cheap very quickly. also try to leave much more space between elements, and more space to the edges, it doesn´t need to look squeezed in if you have that little information on it.

v18_buss_card_bk_V2.psd

v18_buss_card_V2.psd

v18_Postcard_Back.psd

v18_Postcard_Front.psd

• Admin

I am assuming Sebastian's version might be a progression and as such be the one going forward... if not... please redirect.

Three things things I note that need to be addressed on Sebastian's version:

1 The right mascot (anteater) on the front of the flyer is out of porportion (on the other card he's in better proportion) if you make the image slightly shorter I believe he'll be closer.

2. The back of the flyer doesn't appear to follow the guide for placement. I don't know that this is an issue because folks shouldn't be mailing this as they do a standard postcard but then again most postcards don't have full color on the front and back. I get the sense that the back is suppose to be grayscale (as indicated on the guide layer. Silly freelancers... check the specs first. ;) Jason has clarified the spec.

3. Color correction (as mentioned before) some of the color is clashing a bit which is why I suggested ghosted imagery (This allows some of the background color to influence the images/text. The images could also bleed off the page rather than be isolated on islands although that is obviously just one approach and the isolated imagery works. More specifically I'd say to have the pink colors of the A:M Logo shift move more toward the red spectrum.

I do like the movement toward more simple design and less text... it can never be simple enough. Razzledazzle them with more complex imagery and subject matter once they get to www.hash.com but even then keep them pointed toward the store. If they don't bite and purchase they can't... and won't... get the chance to enjoy A:M.

Rock on A:M gurus!

I like them,

parts of the back layout are only if you are mailing them, the 'safe' guides is all we have to follow. The mailing layout is free, but for a small price upgrade you can have a full printed back. I will leave this post up till tomorrow when i send them out so any other fixes you guys do or think should be done I will try to get to before I send them off tomorrow.