Hash, Inc. Forums

A:MBear

esolc

(This topic split from Simon's 'Teddy Bear' topic)

Nancy is fantastic - having mastered AM:

"Here is what I QUICKLY did - I decaled the body,head with cylindrical mapping (repeat =3x1), from front view. And decaled the arms with planar mapping (1 x 5 repeat, seamless =ON). Decaled arms from top view. displacement = 200%. NO bump."

But all of us being newbies compared to her. Why hasn´t we been able to make us as clever as her? For sure - it must be some way - to learn everybody - fast - to be a 3D-master-ess.

What has AM missed? or it is perfect as it is?

Every newbie wants to make a walking teddybear! How to get a newbie to make a walking teddybear on first try! And a walking and talking teddybear! It is up to AM to make that! A character program - based on AM - but without the difficulties to master in AM. The walking and talking Animation Master for the newbies - every schoolkid can master it - not only the advanced master-esses like Nancy.

Perhaps time to rethink AM? Give AM a new start - the AMB!!! The B-plane!

Animation Master Bear - AMB....

• Admin

This perhaps more than anything is the reason A:M has a Library.

Although currently the A:M Library does lack a sufficient quantity of teddy bears.

This is one of the purposes of the A:M Exchange area as it's goal is to amass a collection of characters and objects that will be sufficient for every beginner or student of modeling or animation... or at least provide a solid foundation from which to begin.

With those assets collected anyone with an interest will be able to drag, drop and animate to their hearts content.

It should be noted that A:M Exchange is in the early stage of its existence.

The community defines and continually redefines where it is headed.

I'll be happy to donate the bear if there is a need, although I would prefer to wait until I've done what he's been made for ( if that makes sense ? ).

In truth though, I must confess to not being a very good modeller at all so, in that light, the bear is actually based on the Thom model that comes with AM.

The proportions have been changed and a few splines added to the body but, the only real new parts are the hands and the head. He's still being developed and changed. The cp weights had been done ( hah !!! ) but further mods require resetting them. He's presently undergoing sports training to see what else is needed.

The rig installed is the standard 2008 rig, its all magic to me. I'm still finding out how to use it.

regards

simon

• Admin

I believe more than just the sharing of bears esolc is suggesting that everyone should be better trained and more knowledgeable about how to create bears in A:M.

I confess that I don't have an answer to this dilemma short of a step by step tutorial that walks everyone through the creation of a teddy bear.

But then... what type of bear?

What style of bear?

Cartoony?

Do the eyes need to be buttons?

Can they be cloth patches?

And what of the fur?

Does that need to be particle based?

What will constitute success?

My vote for a teddy bear to share would be TWO's Straw Bear, the unrigged version of which can be found in the very last post HERE.

He (or a modification of him) deserves more time in the spotlight.

I once used him for for a Frazetta-ish test which I called, "the bearbarian".

Every newbie wants to make a walking teddybear! How to get a newbie to make a walking teddybear on first try! And a walking and talking teddybear! It is up to AM to make that! A character program - based on AM - but without the difficulties to master in AM. The walking and talking Animation Master for the newbies - every schoolkid can master it - not only the advanced master-esses like Nancy.

Perhaps time to rethink AM? Give AM a new start - the AMB!!! The B-plane!

Animation Master Bear - AMB....

that´s not what a:m is for, if you want a software that any school kid can master, you should download iTeddy or something like that. ;) any app that gives you the freedom of creativity will require some effort from your side, and a:m is one of the most easy to learn 3D packages. there are plenty of tutorials out there that will show you how to model, texture and rig a character.