Hash, Inc. Forums

new star warsy cameo trailer

thefreshestever

it´s that time of the year, on wednesday starts the prolight & sound exhibition in frankfurt and i made an animation with the cameo mascot.

this year it was extra fun for me since the theme was led-bars, and i had the idea of using an led-bar as a light saber.

i rendered 4 passes, one for the color with shadows, ao, reflections and everything, one for the shadow, one for the depth map and one for the alpha channel.

the bridge was made in c4d, exported as an obj and loaded in after effects into element 3D and repeated endlessly, the actual 3D object is just a short segment. this saved a lot of render time and animation time, since i could animate the character in a:m in place and the AO didn´t have to calculate that long. everything else, background, laser beams, explosions, steam was made in after effects.

i hope you´ll like it:

XEaM8jfykMI

• Admin

Sweet!

I hope you are prepared to animate more because when folks see this they are going to want more of the same!

I'd type more but I'm going back to watch it again. :)

Cameo Light is very fortunate to have you.