Hash, Inc. Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JackDrama

One Upon A time... Life: Globin, the red blood cell

The "One Upon A time..." show, where 2D french series that were educational and fun for kids to watch! :yay: The "One Upon A time... Life" as part of the "One Upon A time..." show (runing from 1986-1987) talks about the human body and how it works. :) If you don't heard about them you can see the theme of it! ;) :

If you are curious to see the show feel free to watch it.

Back in 2013, I created a 3D version of Globin the red blood cell. :lol:

ABOUT THE CHARACTER

Globin is a red blood cell, Hemo's friend, with whom she carries oxygen and carbon dioxide in the human body. Half Pierette, half Betty Boop, she has big innocent eyes, but she is smart for two!

NOTE

WHEN SHE TRANFERS OXYGEN USE ''Globin Orange.mdl'' FILE AND WHEN SHE PUTS OUT CARBON DIOXIDE USE ''Globin RED.mdl'' FILE.

WHAT'S NEW IN V2?

1)Fixed mouth curves for better lip snyc.

2)Better eye look.

3)Better splineage

I know she's supposed to have green eyes, but I think blue eyes would be better for more beautiful apperance.

ENJOY !

Globin.jpg

Globin1.jpg

Globine_la_petite_globule_rouge.jpg

Globin2.JPG

GlobinRedBloodCell.zip

Edited by JackDrama

Very nice character. Thanks!

(I think you might have forgot to attach the character though)

Whoops :blink: ! I previously forgot to upload her! :( But now I remembered to upload the file. :yay:

have fun! ;)

Edited by JackDrama

Very nice character. You did a great job of translating her into 3D.

Thanks Jack!

GoblinRedCell0.png

You're welcome! :) Nice, Rodney. ;) But one of her eyes (right side as you see the image) that eye looks from the wrong direction. :blink: Please, rotate it more from the (left side as you see the image) and the results will get better. ;) I can help with that. :D Note: I did some mistakes in the first picture of (where she looks).But realy, why does she have black dots near the mout and up in her head in your image? "unedited version of your image looks cleaner to see what I mean". :blink: You should upload the image you created in the "Stills" page (because it's your own image)! :) And I wasn't the only who modeled her, but also some others worked in this too :yay: : Thom Falter: Body David Simmons: Hands Me: Head and Rigging

3d_globin.JPG

Eyes.JPG

Edited by JackDrama

Good eye (pun intended)!

Mine was just a quick render to show that I'd downloaded and played with the character so that pose is not worth refining.

Your imagery above is considerably better. And those would be worthy of A:M Stills!

If I use her in something 'real' I'll try to remember to post a link to that that here as well.

You know how it is... sometimes you just feel like rendering. :)

Added: Something worth adding to any character is an Eye Target Bone.

Then when that Null/target is moved both eyes will track it.

Lack of an Eye Target invites the kind of eye diverging we see in my render because both must be oriented separately and manually.

The idea is then to place the Eye Target wherever the character is focusing their attention... or alternatively (when in doubt)... at or near the camera.

Thanks for the tips, Rodney. :) And I always loved the idea of translating my favourite 2D characters in 3D! :yay: When I'll do it again next time I can post more! :)

Edited by JackDrama