Hash, Inc. Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thefreshestever

dynamic constraint with euler limits

i have a robot with joints that have euler limits, they just can move in one axis. i want to add a dynamic constraint, but want that constraint to also accept the euler limits... right now the dynamic chain works, but in all directions. any ideas?

I think that is a matter of arranging the contstraints in the right order so that the Euler overrides the dynamic constraint . I forget whether top is first or last.

A:M executes constraints from top to bottom. The last constraint on the list is able to modify what ever the top constraint did.

I'll note that after re-ordering constraints you may have to save close and reload the PRJ to get the change to truly take hold.

i've gotten it to work real-time while i'm scrubbing through, but when I render final the dynamics goes all wonky... How do I simulate and bake dynamics? right now it is "display while simulating"--seems like there was a right-click option

If I right click in the chor and do Bake Dynamic Systems it appears to be properly baked. It looks like what happened in real time. I think.

I thought I posted some PRJs but they're gone! Watch these from the top view.

DynamicTest01.prj... the bar swings in all directions when moved.

DynamicTest01.prj

DynmaicTest01b.prj... An Euler constraint is added below the Dynamic constraint. The bar now only swings on the Y axis.

DynamicTest01b.prj

thanks Robcat! I don't know why that eluded me--it is available in the Action window also. Here is an example (only one bone in this relationship), but should also work for thefreshestever's robot

Euler_limit.jpg

thanks Robcat! I don't know why that eluded me--it is available in the Action window also. Here is an example (only one bone in this relationship), but should also work for thefreshestever's robot

i´ve made two seperate on/off poses, one for the euler constraints, and one for the dynamics. then i just re-ordered them in the characters relationships folder, this works as well...

Don't forget there is an angle limit setting in the dynamic-constraint that may do what you want the euler limit to do...