Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

dressing a model

Phil

Hi,

I always model the clothes as part of my model. I would like to add some clothes to the model I'm working on. I'm having a 2 brain cell moment and can not

find any info on doing this. can someone point me in the right direction...

Is this done using sim cloth?

Thanks

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Admin

It's been a long time since I used the 'Dress Me' plugin but that worked great the last time I tried.

Caroline created the plugin and disappeared shortly thereafter so I'm not sure if she'll see this message and weigh in.

(I miss Caroline)

I believe the Dress me plugin installs with both Mac and PC.

There is a PDF file outlining usage here:

DressMe Plugin

Added: Whoa. Now I remember just how easy it is to use that plugin! :)

Thom_vested.png

Thanks for the reminder about the DressMe plugin Rodney.

And it works on Macs now, this could be very useful. Originally it only came in Windows flavor (which is why I probably forgot about it ;)) but I see Steffen must have reworked it at some point.

• Admin

The DressMe plugin could be duplicated and that duplicate renamed because it can do so much more than just 'DressMe'.

My thought was to call it 'MergeMe' (as a tip of the hat to the original) or 'Merge and Constrain'.

Note: It's not enough to just duplicate the plugin though as the name A:M will use is internally stored in the plugin.

Duplicating the plugin manually will just give A:M two plugins in the dropdown menu named 'DressMe'.

Disclaimer: The DressMe plugin does not fully answer Phils original query but it can be a great timesaver, especially if you've got multiple props a character needs to be outfitted and those are collected elsewhere.

I believe I will use the DressMe plugin for outfitting my character(s) in my Sci Fi contest entry.

• Admin
I just want to give him some jeans and a shirt

Well, that's easy enough.

Personally I'd model them into the guy but you have a lot of different avenues you can approach.

Added: While I'm sure you are looking for more detail than in the attached, the pants and shirt for Thom here took less than 5 minutes to create and move into place.

All they are is Thom's mesh copy/pasted, scaled up and then moved over Thom (whose mesh was locked down to keep from inadvertently selecting his splines).

quickjeansandshirt.png