Hash, Inc. Forums

Mac: Accessing files on project load - failure

higginsdj

When I load a project that then looks for files, such as jpgs etc that aren't in the location the project expects, AM opens up a file window to locate it BUT the file window will not allow me to drill to a lower level - only to a higher level. AND, having navigated to a higher level will not let me navigate to the original lower level.

iMac - OSX 10.9.1. Most likely a Mac issue - can someone confirm before I lodge a AM Report.

Cheers

Hi David

Well, for me on OSX 10.8.5 and with any version of A:M, I have no problems navigating to any assets that A:M might be wanting. (Though I confess I'm not sure what you mean by drilling to lower and higher levels?)

Maybe this problem is more specific to 10.9.1? Have you tried a reset of A:M? Sorry I can't be of more help here.

My only major issues with A:M at the moment are with rotoscopes and decals being messed up and not displaying correctly.

• Hash Fellow
. (Though I confess I'm not sure what you mean by drilling to lower and higher levels?)

I presume what he means is that when A:M needs you to find an asset and opens a file loading dialog and you need to click on a folder inside the current folder... it wont' open.

When I load a project that then looks for files, such as jpgs etc that aren't in the location the project expects, AM opens up a file window to locate it BUT the file window will not allow me to drill to a lower level - only to a higher level. AND, having navigated to a higher level will not let me navigate to the original lower level.

iMac - OSX 10.9.1. Most likely a Mac issue - can someone confirm before I lodge a AM Report.

Cheers

Anyone with 10.9 can confirm this? It may be a problem with Macs 10.9 and up.

See you

*Fuchur*

. (Though I confess I'm not sure what you mean by drilling to lower and higher levels?)

I presume what he means is that when A:M needs you to find an asset and opens a file loading dialog and you need to click on a folder inside the current folder... it wont' open.

Yep - thats what I mean. I can't select anything in the file window.

I don't use projects to save my files (except in rare instances), but it does sound like what GAngus is referring to.

You need to go up to the menu and hide A:M or Command-Tab to select another application. Then go back to A:M and everything should work normally.