Hash, Inc. Forums

Bear

Here is a first motion test for my bear character "Pana-Boon". I wanted to test the rig, and I have already starting working on the problem spots. There are several problems that I am currently working on. Some of them have to do with patches not receiving the correct color (neck) and others are problems with the mesh near the joints. Overall I think its staring to take shape. I have not used any smart skin yet. Its all bones and fan bones. Texturing needs to be done, especially the mouth, teeth, eyelids, etc. Finally he will be covered with the new version 11 hair. The rig has been completely built by myself. It uses Fk on the arms and IK on the legs.

Here is the clip: movie clip3MB

I just wanted to post my progress and get some input. My original post can be found here: Original Post

• Hash Fellow

well, that's not bad for no smartskin. I think fat characters are hard to do because they have so many potentially overlapping masses around their joints. That must be why there are so many thin, bony characters walking around.

PS. Tell the bear I said "Rubenesque", not "fat"

Edited by robcat2075

Joe, I think it's looking good! Hard to say what you need to do being that you are not finished, so I don't know what you have lined up to work on. But at this point, I'd say it looks like its almost ready to go, no?

Good looking model too. Maybe post a wire frame for us to see as well.

Mike Fitz

www.3dartz.com