Hash, Inc. Forums

Painting with Light? It Can't Be Done! Feb 2014

• Hash Fellow

Thanks, guys and gal!

Gerard Zum Gahr (Fuchur), let me know which one of the fabulous memoirs by Dr. Martin D. Hash Esq you wish to receive as your prize for nominating the topic for this series!

Books by Dr. Martin D. Hash Esq on Amazon.

buch.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
  • Admin

Hey Robert!

Did you have a project file that you could share at the Step 6 stage (after adding the traveling light)?

I was considering playing a bit, downloaded the last project file you posted and then realized it didn't have the traveling light in it.

I know I'm being lazy.... so will do my due diligence to test with the step 5 project... but wanted to ask anyway. ;)

I'm eagerly anticipating the last episode.

• Hash Fellow
Hey Robert!

Did you have a project file that you could share at the Step 6 stage (after adding the traveling light)?

Yes, I meant to post that, it is posted now under the episode 6 link.

• Hash Fellow

Here's a thing i did to investigate my multi-pass problem. The challenge is that with many passes each individual pass becomes less visible as it is averaged into the whole.

I made a tiny white dot and shined a VERY bright light on it so that the average value of the white pixels + all the background color passes remained high enough to be seen.

With that, I tested all the possible number of passes as it traversed a path and composited the renders together here.

all_passes03_copy.jpg

Most of them are correctly subdivided, but a few, like 125, 144 and 169 fall short of where they should have gotten to on the path. Others, like 196 and 256, overshoot their goal and end up with multiple passes stacked on top of each other at the very end.

Eventually this will be part of an AMreport. :)

I was asked to give an image with the book I received for the last It Can't Be Done!-Episode and me.

Here we go ;).

The book is really great. So many very funny and interesting insides in there. Laughed several times and am grinning foolishly all the time while reading it.

Thanks for all the cool stories and that great prize for letting Robert do all the hard work here ;).

See you

*Fuchur*

book_memoirs_of_an_old_cyber_cowboy.jpg

• Hash Fellow
I was asked to give an image with the book I received for the last It Can't Be Done!-Episode and me.

Here we go ;).

The book is really great. So many very funny and interesting insides in there. Laughed several times and am grinning foolishly all the time while reading it.

Thanks for all the cool stories and that great prize for letting Robert do all the hard work here ;).

See you

*Fuchur*

Hey, that looks cool, Gerald! You know what you oughta do?... take a few moments to write a positive review of Martin's book on Amazon! Maybe do it on both .de and .com

It couldn't hurt!

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...