Hash, Inc. Forums
Sign in to follow this  

Hi just preparing to move to live in another state, and I am looking for a job.

***I am about interactive plugins***

Any way, I was updating my programming resume I remembered about the plugin tests I did.

So I fired up Visual studio 2012, and converted a plugin I was experimenting with, I called it AM Bevel.

It was about an idea I had of manipulating and dividing splines interactively, because I really like interactive things instead of generating things and if it did not work pressing undo and generating again.

The plugin still has some code to write, but basically you select a full spline in a model and run the plugin and with some sliders you adjust magnitudes, alpha and gamma of the spline and the crossing spline,

also you can interactively divide the spline and slide some sliders to place it farther from the center spline, etc.

Everything is interactive!

Any way I was just Exited that I remembered I did that, and I really want to see what else could be done with a plugin like that.

Another idea I had was to model mechanical parts in another way, by some how creating a basic model and applying the curves, magnitude, gamma, alpha and splines with the plugin.

I am going to keep testing a bit more!

The screen shot is runing in AM v18 32bit

AM_Bevel_test.png

The problem I found was when;

If the model has to many splines, when the plugin divides a spline in two. Meaning that it creates 2 new splines, It has to wait until AM automatically generates all the patches.

And in the case of a dense model it takes a long time.

I don't know if with the current version of AM or if in the code I can disable that and generate the patches my self.

I dont' have many answers, but any plugin development is interesting.

Your bevel process sounds a bit like what the old "Zevel" plugin did.

... It has to wait until AM automatically generates all the patches.

And in the case of a dense model it takes a long time.

I don't know if with the current version of AM or if in the code I can disable that and generate the patches my self.

"Finding patches" gets to be a very time-consuming step when the model is over about 10,000 patches. Recent versions of A:M are able to apply multi procssing to that process but it's still wise to keep the patch number low by good splining. It's a rare model that needs so many splines.

Your bevel process sounds a bit like what the old "Zevel" plugin did.

Yes is similar in some things but it is realtime!

I am doing some teste to see what else can be done!

It is impressive that you can even approach doing something like that through your programming.

Very interesting.

I recall you were working on something with visual nodes/modules as well.

It is impressive that you can even approach doing something like that through your programming.

Very interesting.

I recall you were working on something with visual nodes/modules as well.

This sounds very very useful. Steffen can surely give you a info on this, but one possibility I can see is, that you just position the crossing CPs at the same position and connect them afterwards. Like that, no new patches should be generated there and it may get rid of the finding patches-problem. Anyway if there is another way to do it, it could be more practical.

By the way: You are already using the new v18 SDK available at the hash-ftp-server, right? (just in case you are not).

See you

*Fuchur*

By the way: You are already using the new v18 SDK available at the hash-ftp-server, right? (just in case you are not).

No I am not, I am using the v15 sdk. What are the advantages of v18 sdk?

Are you able to compile for v18 with v15sdk? I am not really sure what the differences are but I thought till now, that you would need that to create 64bit plugins and plugins for v18 in general, etc. I may be wrong...

See you

*Fuchur*

Are you able to compile for v18 with v15sdk? I am not really sure what the differences are but I thought till now, that you would need that to create 64bit plugins and plugins for v18 in general, etc. I may be wrong...

See you

*Fuchur*

Yes I am, but ruing the 32 bit version of AM v18

Yes I am, but ruing the 32 bit version of AM v18

In what way? In v18 the 32bit version of A:M is still here and working great.

By the way, this is the post/program-in-progress I was referring to: A Program for automatic rigging, weighting, and many more things, In developement

Image added:

post-691-1242406921.jpg

post-691-1242406893.jpg

By the way, this is the post/program-in-progress I was referring to: A Program for automatic rigging, weighting, and many more things, In developement

Wow! I remember that, it really looks good!

That is the automatic rigging and assign of cps to bones using a floating nodes system!

At the time I was working on it I got to create bones and asign the cps according to the floating nodes graph!

But I did not have a day time job!

I found a job and I let you guess the rest!

I had no time!

Wow! I remember that, it really looks good!

Well, yeah of course it does!

You had us spell bound and glued to our monitors waiting for an update for ages.

If I could even begin to program like that I'd be dangerous. :lol:

(Although some say I'm dangerous enough to stay out of programming already)

But have you guys seen the development in this areas

There is an internet service called MIXAMO, were you upload a polygon human/humanoid and placing approximately a total of 5 points in the whole body in une in each specific area of the body you get a fully rigged and weighted mesh!

And apparently it does it very well!

Also for some time I tried to connect external renderers with AM, specially the unbiased ones which render very realistically without much tweaking! I just think that to be able to create a nice 3d movie by my self I can't spend much time in any area of the development, unless I plan on going to be creating it for many years! Specially if I have a day job!

SO I was allays looking for ways for automating or speeding up tasks!

Anyway I just speaking my self out!

If I could even begin to program like that I'd be dangerous. :lol:

(Although some say I'm dangerous enough to stay out of programming already)

Jijijij!

I am so sorry! I did appeared form nowhere announced it and desapeared to nowhere!

We (collectively here in the forum) have no unrealistic expectation that personal projects must be finished.

We simply recognize talent and the creative spark of innovation whenever and wherever we see it appear.

One thing we an do is provide space here in the forum to share ideas related to A:M because more often than not there are others with very similar interests and talents... perhaps working in isolation on very close to the same things! And more often than not, we (collectively) can bridge the gaps that bring our creative ideas a little bit closer to reality.

I didn't mean to distract from your current effort but I did want to recognize the talent and innovation you are known for already. :)

Thank You Rodney!

Does any one knows if the new tools like Snap to surface are accesible thougth coding?