Hash, Inc. Forums

Dancing Fluffy Stuff

NancyGormezano

Was just trying out ver18a - wanted to test dynamic hair, dynamic constraints, multiple copies of model and actions, and Screen Space Ambient Occlusion. Thought the result came out somewhat "purty".

Started with old chor from 2009 Pass the Ball

Then

1) exported the original chor action for the Ork as an action,

2) imported 5 copies of Ork model (using plug-in "multiple copies", translate and rotate),

3) added the exported action to each copy,

4) baked the dynamic systems

5) baked the particle systems

6) rendered 2 pass with SSAO (all default settings, except softness =100%, blur the effect = ON), Global ambiance = 100%, 1 orange klieg (no shadows)

22 seconds/frame at 864 x 486. I could have done more passes, as it was the SSAO that was consuming the majority of render time.

OrkDanceDynConstHairSor3LOOP.mov

OrkDanceDYNhair179.jpg

Thanks everyone!

I'd make that big jump in the middle last a hair longer to account for it going higher.

Robcat - yeah - probably true - but I would also finish the dance and make it have some sort of story...not sure I want to work more on this

I still need to get my head rap'd around all the settings for Screen Space Ambient Occlusion.

Rodney - Me too. I think this example isn't quite the settings I would end up with...I had scaled the ork 20%, and didn't adjust the SSAO (not sure what to adjust...maybe distance)

Now have them sing !!

John - yes - it does need a sound track - but since it was so short (11 secs) - I think I'd have to do some more with it for an appropriate track...that's why I made it loop (too short). Of course there's always the ubiquitous, repetitive, make ya gag track "Pink Fluffy unicorns dancing on rainbows"

• 4 weeks later...