Hash, Inc. Forums

Model Export File Type

TRN

Hello everyone, its been YEARS since I've been on this forum and used A:M. :P

Quick Question(s)...

When I make a model, What kind of file can I export it as? How many types of model files can I export?

This 3D printer takes STL files. Can I export A:M Model Files as STL too? :o

Thank You everyone!

I hope to be using my A:M program soon!!

CNCupministrip.jpg

Hello everyone, its been YEARS since I've been on this forum and used A:M. :P

Quick Question(s)...

When I make a model, What kind of file can I export it as? How many types of model files can I export?

This 3D printer takes STL files. Can I export A:M Model Files as STL too? :o

Thank You everyone!

I hope to be using my A:M program soon!!

CNCupministrip.jpg

Yes, A:M can export STL-files (and some of the highest resolution-files you will find).

Exporting in general: OBJ, STL, DXF, DirectX, 3ds, LWO, MDD (this is actually a Animation-fileformat for OBJs) and some others.

FBX is not yet an option but may become one in future.

I myself am using A:M and a Makerbot Replicator 2 for 3d-printing. Works very well, especially after processing the files through net fab (free software)

See you

*Fuchur*

See you

*Fuchur*

PERFECT!!! Thank you very much Fuchur!

I have some ideas for a 3D printing and I need to get back into Animation and Modeling.

Ill need to look into Net Fab, never herd of it.

Maybe when I decide whats going on with my hobby, we can help each other out. Because I dont know a thing about 3D printing. (although i do work with IT at my job that has people using 3D printers everyday).

Do you know any websites I can check out for 3D printing for Noobs?

PERFECT!!! Thank you very much Fuchur!

I have some ideas for a 3D printing and I need to get back into Animation and Modeling.

Ill need to look into Net Fab, never herd of it.

Maybe when I decide whats going on with my hobby, we can help each other out. Because I dont know a thing about 3D printing. (although i do work with IT at my job that has people using 3D printers everyday).

Do you know any websites I can check out for 3D printing for Noobs?

You may want to check my blog ;).

See you

*Fuchur*

Thanks Robcat!, Im happy that I'm Back. I need to get back to this fun stuff. I like A:M because its very easy. 3D Studio Max is more advanced but thats another chapter..

Fuchur, You blog is pretty neat! Thank You! :lol:

I just exported a high-res model out of a choreography and added some more detail to it in ZBrush. There is a new 3D model marketplace called Cults3D where designers are selling model files for 3D printing.

I'm hoping this might help me spread some awareness for the TAR of Zandoria project, and maybe some revenue. It seems that as the 3D printers become more ubiquitous, there will be a market for high-quality sculpts and for commission work when everyone gets tired of printing Stanford bunnies and Yoda heads from Thingiverse....

Check it out HERE.

tar_stl_2.jpg

Thanks Robcat!, Im happy that I'm Back. I need to get back to this fun stuff. I like A:M because its very easy. 3D Studio Max is more advanced but thats another chapter..

Fuchur, You blog is pretty neat! Thank You! :lol:

:) And you should have a look at this video-tutorial.

It describes what you should be aware of when working with A:M and 3d-printing (in this case Makerbot / Makerware, but I am quite sure it is quite equal to other 3d printers):

A:M2Makerware (3d-Printing)

(be aware that in v18 the subdivision level for exporting STL has been increased further more...)

Best wishes

*Fuchur*

zandoriastudios, nice work, Yeah I have seen this everywhere. I like your work. Ill have to look more into Cult 3D. I didnt know there was a website for 3D printables. learn something new everyday.

robcat2075, that Cant be done link will be useful soon.

Fuchur, That A:M print link doesn't work for some reason.

Guess what guys! - I found my A:M CD. I'm working with V11.1. yeah. on Windows 7 on a pretty fast Desktop. I need the latest but i dont want to spend $300 on the new Program. <_>

V11.1 works ok. kinda glitchy for some reason....its too old. how does V18 look like?

• Hash Fellow
Guess what guys! - I found my A:M CD. I'm working with V11.1. yeah. on Windows 7 on a pretty fast Desktop. I need the latest but i dont want to spend $300 on the new Program. <_>

V11.1 works ok. kinda glitchy for some reason....its too old. how does V18 look like?

The interface for v18 will look just about identical and A:M still works the same way. Since v11 we have many bug fixes, speed improvements and new features however.

A one year license for v18 is only $79, there's no more CD like with v11.

Hmm... You know what. I think Ill probably settle with the newest Version and do the yearly subscription... I dont really want to spend $300 for the program. plus i didnt even get an email back from Hash yet if I can get a discount. lol