Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Buying magazine attention

robcat2075

• Hash Fellow

People sometime ask why A:M isn't frequently mentioned in the magazines.

Short answer... you have to buy advertisements in magazines to get treated as newsworthy. It's a very expensive way to generate not very many actual sales.

Here's a documented example of the practice from the music industry press where the same thing is common...

How to buy a record review

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All true... but in retrospect, I think a part of the reason I 'bought in' on Animation:Master was because I had seen ads for it in Animation Magazine- which brought credibility. I also attribute my 'buying-in' was because of the magical Greg Rostrami demos at Siggraph, those are gone now too.

All true... but in retrospect, I think a part of the reason I 'bought in' on Animation:Master was because I had seen ads for it in Animation Magazine- which brought credibility. I also attribute my 'buying-in' was because of the magical Greg Rostrami demos at Siggraph, those are gone now too.

I got into A:M because there was a small brochure talking about A:M (and many other software programs) when my formerly used 3d software (Monzoom 3d/Pro, which I got to my attention on in a department store when I was searching for new computer games) went out of business.

I remember seeing a Lava kind of superhero looking really great and a bit of text about the software. It looked great... I then searched for it on the web and found Alien Song and Killer Bean and then I just asked about it over and over again till my dad bought me the software with his credit card for christmas or something like that...

Long time ago ;)... around v7 - v8. (A:M 2000 > v8.0 was the first version I got). In the end, I got to A:M because of some sort of "brochure"... not exactly the same as a magazine, but close enough...

See you

*Fuchur*

Not true.

3D World did a multi-part article on the TWO project, remember? Eggington did a klller review of Animation:master in that magazine... I first heard about A:M in a magazine called "3D Artist"--an article by Raf Anzovin called "Dem Bones". I recently got a plug for TAR of Zandoria in Animation Magazine.

All these magazines need content. Creating content that is useful to their readership, or newsworthy, that features your product is guerrilla marketing!

I found out about it on a Mac news website when Hash announced the OS X version.

I remember being skeptical that there was an application that could do everything A:M said it could do and cost as little as it did. :-)