Hash, Inc. Forums

Finished a small skit

DavidDenzill

• Admin

Made me laugh. Especially at the end.

Nicely done! :)

If you are already up and running like this you are well on your way to very good things.

I don't know if you are looking for any specific type of feedback.

If you are, just suggest a point of interest and and I'll be glad to explore and elaborate.

As you asked for feedback I want to satisfy your request.

Keep in mind that this is only opinion... take or leave as you see fit.

A few things off the top of my head:

- Nice music and sound effects. Very impressive actually. It all worked very well with the animation. Very good sync as well.

- Entertaining. With every viewing I enjoyed the skit better and notice new details.

- A few very nice poses in there. Can I recall a few from memory? Yeah... I think I can. The barber... as he motions to his seat.

... the guy getting his hair cut as he sits and then reacts. Those are the two that spring to mind easily.

- Nice variety of props! You set the stage/environment well.

On the 'room for improvement' side: (things you no doubt know already)

Color. The wide variety of different colors were a bit distracting (making it hard to focus on any one thing) Certainly not a show stopper and I assume this was intentional.

Lighting. If you were to light this short really well... it'd be all the more impressive. I don't know your experience with lighting so I won't delve too deeply here.

Texturing. There wasn't much texturing to be seen.

Obviously these were not a focus for this skit but boy am I looking forward to when you master them!

when you do will be a serious force to be reckoned with!

Very well done.

From someone who is just learning the ropes what can be said except.... color me impressed!

More please!!! :)

Made me laugh. Especially at the end.

Nicely done! :)

If you are already up and running like this you are well on your way to very good things.

I don't know if you are looking for any specific type of feedback.

If you are, just suggest a point of interest and and I'll be glad to explore and elaborate.

As you asked for feedback I want to satisfy your request.

Keep in mind that this is only opinion... take or leave as you see fit.

A few things off the top of my head:

- Nice music and sound effects. Very impressive actually. It all worked very well with the animation. Very good sync as well.

- Entertaining. With every viewing I enjoyed the skit better and notice new details.

- A few very nice poses in there. Can I recall a few from memory? Yeah... I think I can. The barber... as he motions to his seat.

... the guy getting his hair cut as he sits and then reacts. Those are the two that spring to mind easily.

- Nice variety of props! You set the stage/environment well.

On the 'room for improvement' side: (things you no doubt know already)

Color. The wide variety of different colors were a bit distracting (making it hard to focus on any one thing) Certainly not a show stopper and I assume this was intentional.

Lighting. If you were to light this short really well... it'd be all the more impressive. I don't know your experience with lighting so I won't delve too deeply here.

Texturing. There wasn't much texturing to be seen.

Obviously these were not a focus for this skit but boy am I looking forward to when you master them!

when you do will be a serious force to be reckoned with!

Very well done.

From someone who is just learning the ropes what can be said except.... color me impressed!

More please!!! :)

Thanks Rodney. I take everything you said on board. I did not spend much time on texturing or lighting. Will look at adding more.

That's a fine first project! Lotta hair!

The camera angle at about 1:03 confused me it, looked like the saw was stuck in his hair but it was really in the wall behind him.

Thanks Rob, you are correct. I will fix that along with adding lighting and texturing. By the way thanks for all your tuts scattered in the forums, a wealth of info. You are a very good teacher.

• 2 weeks later...