Hash, Inc. Forums

moving points to 0

Phil

• Hash Fellow

I'd say make a screen cam of it happening and make an A:M report of it.

I just get a regular zero when I type a zero, but since you are not... document that and show that it's a real thing and then there's some place for someone to start on figuring out what is wrong.

What if you enter 0.0?

What if you copy a zero from another field and paste it in?

Have you done Reset All Settings?

Hi,I'm not having a problem with the process. It works fine, its when I enter "0" it turns to a long mathamatial outcome. ie. 1.969e.005"

How are you getting the cp# to display?

I suspect you are not selecting the cp in a normal way?

I don't get a cp # when I have "show manipulator properties" on and I just select the cp.

I only seem to get a CP # right after I do an extrude, and I suspect that those x,y,z values in your display are offsets, and not absolute values for the cp. (That doesn't explain why you are not able to input a zero, but I'm guessing there is some overflow problem. duh)

I just tried it with and without mirror mode same issue. I found that it only happens when units of measurement are set to Feet and Inches. all other selections work fine

using centimeters Capture1.JPG using inches Capture2.JPG using feet and inches Capture3.JPG HMmmm

• Hash Fellow
I just tried it with and without mirror mode same issue. I found that it only happens when units of measurement are set to Feet and Inches. all other selections work fine

using centimeters Capture1.JPG using inches Capture2.JPG using feet and inches Capture3.JPG HMmmm

this doesn't look like you are doing the zero and scale in the properties like in my video.

With the manipulator properties panel open, select both cps turn on the scale manipulator. In the manipulator properties panel, set the X pivot to 0 then set the X scale to 0.

You need to use the scale manipulator for it to work properly. The pivots only show when a manipulator is being used.

I don't get a cp # when I have "show manipulator properties" on and I just select the cp.

Hi Nancy,

The reason you don't get the cp # in the manipulator property box is because you are selecting the cp by dragging or lassoing around the cp in the model window.

If you just click on the cp, you will get the cp #, and the x,y,z values will be the absolute coordinates of the cp (as opposed to being an offset from group pivot when selecting the other way)

Hope that helps.

Cheers! Nancy

• Admin

Nancy... you had me thinking someone had hacked into your post.

Took me a few moments to clear my head. (The "Hope that helps" line had me considering a cross post by David (itsjusthim) Simmons)

Now if we can just get you to keep replying to your replies... that will be entertainment. :)

P.S. Thanks for the insight into selecting CPs!

Hi Nancy,

The reason you don't get the cp # in the manipulator property box is because you are selecting the cp by dragging or lassoing around the cp in the model window.

If you just click on the cp, you will get the cp #, and the x,y,z values will be the absolute coordinates of the cp (as opposed to being an offset from group pivot when selecting the other way)

Hope that helps.

Cheers! Nancy

Silly me! That helped! Thanks!