Hash, Inc. Forums

Newton sim always starts with frame 0?

Darthlister

Hi all,

Working on a scene where some action has to happen, then a parcel of boulders have to fall onto a character. Having used newton sim in the past, I noticed that, no matter where I wanted the gravity sim to start, it always starts at frame 0.

I've tried turning the falling objects off until I want them to fall, but always get a "Unsolvable Problem with shortcut to.." etc. error.

I figure I'm missing something in the sim settings, but darned if I can figure where. Any help or pointers in the right direction would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Rich

In the Choreography properties>PluginProperties>Newton Dynamics> there is "Use Chor Time Range"

It defaults to ON but if You turn it OFF an option to set a time range becomes available.

Ahh, interesting. Thanks. At this point, can only one time range be set? If you have more than one scene with gravity, do you have to copy the chor and use a different range?

Rich

• Hash Fellow
Ahh, interesting. Thanks. At this point, can only one time range be set? If you have more than one scene with gravity, do you have to copy the chor and use a different range?

I'm not sure I understand. You can change the time range and sim another part of the same chor.

I'm not sure I understand. You can change the time range and sim another part of the same chor.

Ooops, thanks. Duh. Prolly oughtta go back to sleep :)