Hash, Inc. Forums

My New Short Film

I have great news! I'm making a short film with Animation:Master 11.1d+ called ''Destoyed Neighbourhoods''. Because I live in Greece I named it ''Χλασμένες Γειτονιές''. This story is about some kids that can't find a place to play, because their town is too crowded, so they don't have any playgrounds. It is based on the memories of ''Κοσμάς Ι. Χαρπαντίδης'', a Greek writer. I started out making the character designs. I'll let know when i'll complete my short film someday in 2014. Merry Christmas! The middle photo is what i did about Christmas. The first image is a photograph of ''Kavala'' in the 70's. Kavala is a city in Greece.

KAVALA_DESIGN.jpg

ALEXANDROS.jpg

ARIS.jpg

KATERINA.jpg

KAVALA.jpg

KIKI.jpg

LEONIDAS.jpg

MERRY_CHRISTMAS.jpg

MOTHER.jpg

SOTIRIA.jpg

TEACHER__S_GLASSES_REFLECTIVITY_TEST.jpg

TEEN.jpg

TEEN2.jpg

Edited by JackDrama
Converted BMP attachments to JPG

• Admin

Looking very good Jack.

Your style hits right in the middle of the old Rankin Bass and Davy and Goliath stop motion characters... and boy is that a classic look if there ever was one.

Nice!

I like them all but those green and red characters with the guy with the glasses... very intriguing.

I"m looking forward to seeing and hearing more about your short film.

Please pardon my editing of your post.

I converted your bitmaps into internet friendly jpeg images so that others can more easily see your characters.

(Hopefully I didn't miss any)

And... welcome to the forum! :)

• Admin
I don't know how to thank you!

I like to use a freeware program called Irfanview to convert images (I see they've recently released an update too!)

When in doubt though you can use Animation:Master to render to internet friendly image formats such as JPG and PNG.

Your version should have a fast way to convert is that you can open an image in A:M and Right Click on it's name in the Project Workspace listing and select "Save Animation As".

You then select the format you want and hit enter.

You don't have to save a series of images... you can convert just one image as well but... this is a very fast way to convert dozens or hundreds of sequential images.

What format you want to use will depend on your desired results.

For instance, if you wish to have some part of your image show through (transparency) then PNG is a good format to use (JPG images don't store transparency).

I'm pretty sure there is a video tutorial describing this process but in the meantime I've attached a screen shot:

Well basicaly I'll not use the red blood cell and the alien models.

Well, drat and double drat. Still, very fine looking characters! :)

SaveAsAnimation.png

WOW! AMAZING. I didn't know that was possible with A:M. :yay: I rendered the images, took a screen capture, took them to ''Microsoft Paint'', edited them and converted them to any kind of images. I mostly use the BMP format because the images appear very clean, but looks like the forum accepts JPEG images, which have much shorter size and they are acceptible. :huh:

Sorry for my English. :(

Edited by JackDrama

• Admin

A:M is full of surprises. :)

Most people use other programs to manipulate and convert images but A:M can do it's fair share of image manipulation too. :)

(apologies for using your images as an example below... hey, what can I say... she's a very cool character)

You may find in the long run that images such as Targa and EXR are best for usage but those formats aren't viewable in most browsers either.

There are a lot of knowledgeable folks here in the forum so if you've got any questions just let us know.

Edit: Hmmmm... the girls eyes going white in the grayscale image on the right... I think I accidentally dialed up the transparency or perhaps I forgot to turn off the transparency keycolor.

patchimages.png

It's true. Catherine/Κατερίνα (the little girl) is very adorable and she's my favourite too. :) Whoops! I almost forgot to tell you that I created and others. :blink: And you or I (I can't remember who) forgot to upload Aris's dad, wich I uploaded now and it's the first image. :huh:

CRAZY_MAN.JPG

GIRL1.JPG

GIRL2.JPG

GIRL3.JPG

DAD.JPG

Edited by JackDrama

• 8 months later...