Hash, Inc. Forums
Shelton

Hair Outline

Hair Feature Request

When grooming the hair on the figure the only guideline that is a available is the control points of the of the hair.

The feature I am requesting is outline of the hair as the grooming is being perform. That way you could see where the changes are needed.

Steve

Steve,

I hope you added this to A:M Reports. Posting here will only get it discussed, vetted, psuedo-coded, ripped apart, triangulated, reconfigurated, yes-but-what-aboutted, etc.

Which, perhaps is what you want?

If feedback is what you desire my standard question is 'What does success look like?"

To answer this we might need to work up some mockups of what a working example of this feature might look like, show how A:M currently operates and then perform a gap analysis between the two to figure out what is already present in A:M versus what would need to be programmed. A goal being to help Steffen work through the rough spots and to envision how to further plus our feature requests up with his longer term vision and knowledge of A:M's code in mind.

Another thing we can (and should) do here is vet the idea to see if there is something that already can perform the requested function.

For instance, is there some way that using imagery applied to hair we can already get the desired outline?

Rodney

Thanks for thinking about this. Let me see if I can submit a reference of my thoughts.

Steve

Grooming mode shows the splines connecting the CPs. Is that not showing on yours?

grooming.JPG

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.