Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Anyone out there using 2560x1440?

Roger

• *A:M User*

Is anyone out there using a monitor at this resolution? I was just wondering what you think of it for AM work. While 1080p is usually enough for me, sometimes I find myself wanting a little extra vertical resolution. I don't have space on my desk for two large monitors and was thinking it might be best to consolidate to one.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow

Why, when I was a boy... old.gif

I used A:M for a long time on an 800x600 laptop then I moved up to to two 1024x768 monitors and now I'm on two 1280x1024 screens.

I think 2560x1440 is a usable amount of room. If we get anymore res we're going to need larger icons.

I've been doing all my screencam tuts at 1280x720 and that does seems cramped now.

Why, when I was a boy... old.gif

I used A:M for a long time on an 800x600 laptop then I moved up to to two 1024x768 monitors and now I'm on two 1280x1024 screens.

I think 2560x1440 is a usable amount of room. If we get anymore res we're going to need larger icons.

I've been doing all my screencam tuts at 1280x720 and that does seems cramped now.

I just don't think this is an upgrade I can justify right now. While it would be nice to have the extra room, it is probably something that can wait. Not to mention, I'm not sure I have a graphics card that can drive a display at that high a res. For still work, maybe but video I'm not so sure about.

• Hash Fellow

Last time i had two monitors that were NOT the same res I noticed that I could not launch A:M on the smaller monitor and drag my PWS to the larger monitor and expand it to full size. It would only stretch out to the pixel dimensions of the smaller monitor.

I don't know if that is still a limitation.

I use three monitors. One 32" for main screen and two 27", one on each size. I love spreading out AM on all three screens as I can have all the windows opened at once.

I bought a 27" for the main screen and rotated it for the modeling and loved it but when I went from the main screen to the side screens I lost the mouse icon :rolleyes: So I rotated it back and went with a larger screen.

I love the layout.

Steve