Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Design 101...or Design lol? You be the judge.

NancyGormezano

Thought I would start a new topic (instead of spreading it around), to post my homeworks that I've been doing for iversity.org's Design 101 course, using A:M. These assignments are not supposed to take more than 1 hour. hoo hah. So I've been trying (rarely succeed in keeping to 1 hour)...and I've been using models that I already have, modified, recomposed

Most people are using photos, hand drawing, other media - quite inspiring. I haven't used A:M for all my assignments - but thought I would share here. Some of these were posted already in other threads...so bear with me.

004Paintedlady.jpg

010MyPaperworld.jpg

0112afeshijanchickenalphasmaller.jpg

012IdaAdaSeaside.jpg

016CrazyPantsNotebooks.jpg

023chefcrazypantsSpanokopita.jpg

024CookingToolsSpanakopita.jpg

026SacherTorte.jpg

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That cake is amazing!

Everything is using the wonderful matcap shader with image that I got off the tubes of a chocolate candy. Cropped to area of interest, didn't even spherize the cropped photo.

The cake is a tamborine model that I had (minus the noisemakers), the flowers, creatures are reused from other projects of mine.

Thanks Steve, KJ, John, Robert!

KJ: I have trouble supressing my own personal style, so I decided, I won't! I do not have any ambitions to go commercial, so it doesn't matter. But I do appreciate the clean, simple styles (suitable for magazine layouts, web design, product development, etc), that I am seeing from other participants.

John: There is always something to be learned, sparked, inspired by studying the works of others. That's the main reason I am following/doing the Design 101 course. New ideas can't help but get triggered, and the same happens from following people on this forum as well, you included.

I find that I can steal..er...get something from just about everybody, regardless of their level of expertise.

Robert: My goal was not to be realistic, but to skirt the edge. So I guess "the cake" worked this time! Thanks.

The thing I don't like about the course is that I am not finishing these images to my satisfaction. I could go back to them, of course, but don't feel motivated once I've submitted them. There's stuff that needs a-fixing. And stuff that needs to be added, subtracted.

Normally I tweak tweak tweak ad nauseum, & try to look at it with fresh eyes the next day. But in this case I'm just pushing them out the door, so that I don't take over 1 day (let alone 1 hour! ). Can be uncomfortable, but also can be freeing.

This week (5th week) is supposed to be a resting week (no new assignments, just review of people's work). So I will probably do some new models that I wanted/needed for the last 4 week assignments and use them eventually, somewhere.

• 2 weeks later...