Hash, Inc. Forums

Duplicate Poses...

TommyDAQ2

Boy, I really wish you could just right click on a pose in the PWS or in the Pose Sliders or in the Relationships Window and select "Duplicate Pose". So many poses have such similar starting points. It sure would be nice to be able to duplicate them easily.

Here's a newbe question though. How do I clear out values - restore them to the default position on a pose? I inadvertently set up my pose at 0% instead of 100% and I'd like to get the 0 back to default. Anyone? Anyone??? Bueller??? Anyone???

I have done this very thing.

I created default pose actions for many of my characters that I dropped on them after I placed them in the cho.

If you want to start with a pose in a choreography, just export it as an action.

Remember, also, that you can copy and paste keyframes. If I bring a character into a cho, pose him and then select choreography actions under the model in the pws, I can use the edit menu to copy keyframe.

I can then drop in another model (with the same rig) and use the edit menu to paste keyframe and the second model will appear exactly in the same place and pose as the first model.

Boy, I really wish you could just right click on a pose in the PWS or in the Pose Sliders or in the Relationships Window and select "Duplicate Pose". So many poses have such similar starting points. It sure would be nice to be able to duplicate them easily.

Here's a newbe question though. How do I clear out values - restore them to the default position on a pose? I inadvertently set up my pose at 0% instead of 100% and I'd like to get the 0 back to default. Anyone? Anyone??? Bueller??? Anyone???

Someone more knowledgable than I may contradict this but, I think the answer to your two questions is that both are possible.

If you select all the keys in the time line ( bones and user properties ) for the pose you want to duplicate, copy them ( ctrl C, or Cmd C ), move the scroll line to were you want the pose to go, then paste them ( ctrl V or Cmd V ), it should duplicate the pose in the new position.

Regarding the pose values.

If you open up the relevant relationship window ( in the PWS, under relationships on the model ) it will open up the values set and you can adjust them there to your new requirements.

A note of caution first.

Save your model as a different iteration, before you make any changes.

eg Model 001,

Save it again as Model 002, make the changes on it and see if they work.

That way you have the safe backup of the original if your changes don't do what you wanted ?

regards

simon

• Hash Fellow

Bones can be set to their default positions with the Compensate mode button.

-turn on only the keyframe filters you want to reset (For example: translate and rotate)

-turn on the Key Bone filter (because this make only the bones you select active)

-CTRL-select all the bones you want to reset

-turn on the Compensate Mode button

-press the Force Keyframe button

I don't recall if this works with other keyable values like pose slider values or property values which can also be keyed in Poses. Relevant keyframe filters would need to be enabled, of course.

Although not directly an answer to your question, if you are not familiar with the use of draggable poses this video explains them a bit.

As mentioned above a keyframes can be copied from Chors and posted into Poses for easy use later as draggable poses.

Thanks guys. I appreciate all the tips, but I guess I wasn't really clear. I'm setting up my phoneme pose library,and several of the mouth shapes have similar setups - all muscle CP positions. It'd be nice to say, copy "O" to start "U" or "W", but I don't think I can....

However, I think one Mark's suggestions about copying keyframes jogged my brain into figuring out how to reset my 0% pose value. I should just be able to clear that keyframe! Again, thanks for all the tips.

-Tommy

It's tricky, but yes, you can copy keyframes from one pose to another.

I do it with things like eyeblinks. You copy the keyframe on one pose and then paste the inverted keyframe in another and voila, you have a pose for the other eye blinking.

Just make sure that you have them both set to muscle mode ...and I vaguely remember problems can happen if you have more than one of them open at a time. Best to open one, copy the key frame, close it, and then open the other and paste the keyframe into it.