Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Tree Generator Plugin

ZPiDER

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Care to share how you got the painted look for your leaves.

Your answer might help with another project I'm working on.

Hiya Rodney ,all it is is decals on the leaf parts that Marcel made ,just picked a image with brighter colours ,added some hair to the rest ,thats the first one the second I deleated the leaf shapes put hair on where the leaves would go added another atribute and set the colours on them and deceld the rest ,oh I changed the hair to shaded ,at the bottem of the properties under realtime.

Steve392 hehe theres a lotta Steves here

heres the prj ,hope it helps explain it better lol

dl

Guest mrsl13

Havent tried it yet, but hope to soon in 10.5r..soo kewl...also I'd like to mention that even if you set this plugin Free..just put a place on your site for donations to support your "free" plugin development.(non paypal too) .and that reminds me you haave a modeling plugin set Im needing (ooops, if the wife read that she'd slap me, I ment "want") you are and have been so generous with your talent ..thank you so very much..

Mike Cossey

Hi guys,

here's my output using Marcel's Tree Generator. It's awesome! You need to make sure you create a base and a target group in your model, then open it in an action. Right click then go to Wizard and TreeeZ. Caplow, instant tree. You will want to experiment with your base and target shapes. I've found that a small circular base and a large grid target works very well. Here are some screen-shots.

Frank Silas

http://www.franksilas.com

• Admin

Good job Frank!

Let us hope that COOOL Darktrees + COOOL Treez Plugin = 1 or more COOOL candidate for acceptance from Marcel!

To everyone: Awesome work! I'm really enjoying the different types of trees that can be generated with the plugin. Each just as unique and the personalities behind them. :D Too much fun!

My cool pic :D

It's a shame the limbs can't be joined with 5 point patches(some people are never satisfied), but it's still very, very nice. With some of the added controls Marcel mentioned it'll be fantastic...

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this but the easiest way to get rid of the canopy object is to group it and call it canopy before creating your branches, so that after you've used treeZ you can select the group and delete the points.

Marcel(or anyone else that knows)Is there any reason for the level groups apart from level0? and does the thickness spline in the original action do anything?

And NoOne how did you get a render with shadows?Is it 10.5?

Having lots of fun :D

TREEz.jpg

heheeee neat! keep em coming!

and note that i've said "coool pics". this means, the pic should be cool, not necessarily the tree. so feel free to add your fav character(s) to the images you create, or just add an eZTree to a scene you're working on :)

Is there any reason for the level groups apart from level0? and does the thickness spline in the original action do anything?

levels:

i thought, having all levels would be cool, but i've noticed that i have hardly used more than level1 and level2.

you could e.g. add sparse red leaves to level0 and dense green ones to level1 for a neat effect.

my original intention was to use them for coloring the tree along its length, but it looks too clipped. thats why i'm working on automatically creating decal stamps to enable you to texture the tree along its length, or use this map for hair density, etc.

thickness spline:

its currently not doing anything, but this will be the way how i'll give you control over the tree thickness. currently the thickness diminishes in a linear fashion along the tree, with this channel you'll be able to control this.

i also plan to ass a "randomness" spline like this and a "length" spline, possibly also a "roll" - spline. suggestions or comments about what would be nice can be posted here.

you also asked about better branch joining: i was originally planning to do this, but this would

1. not allow for custom "base" shapes

2. make the plugin much harder to code

3. make the tree generator less flexible (each branching would have to have a minimum angle to not mess up the connector cps)

I've tried both links but have been denied access to the pages.

Has it exceeded the bandwidth ?

nope .. its our own server.

hmm .. you still get the access denied? i've just tried and it worked fine.

you also asked about better branch joining: i was originally planning to do this, but this would

1. not allow for custom "base" shapes

2. make the plugin much harder to code

3. make the tree generator less flexible (each branching would have to have a minimum angle to not mess up the connector cps)

Personally I could live with a fixed base shape, since the base shape carries though the entire tree, unusual variations don't seem to be all that useful in most cases.

Given the amount of return on your coding dollar I can understand wanting to make it easier and more flexible.

It's all good :)

Played with my earlier grove image some more. Can't wait to be able to try with dynamics and shadows (shadows especially)

grove2.jpg

This may have been mentioned already, but I see that you can create trees by just making the "base" loop, and then drawing simple non rendering spline segments in the area above it, at least in Beta 3 you can. Cool, and FAST, wow.

Phil

How's the total of cool images coming? Created this while awaiting my unlock codes to www.3d.sk ( a cool site for reference of the human body)

Marcel: why is it that I can't grab the bottom ring and extrude it down after I have created the tree?

tree.jpg

• Admin

John,

You can extrude the base! Just make sure that click on the Model1 tag in the PWS.

As long as you remain in the Action you won't be able to extrude.

With a little luck I'll post a few shots of how NOT to use Marcel's plugin... while they were failed attempts they hint at interesting possibilities with a little ingenuity and the Treeez plugin!

Has anyone done any toon rendered trees? Am I missing those as I quickly scroll throught the forest of posts here?

Please scan some leaf images and post!

Today i thought it would be nice to have some leaf images to choose from. i'd like to scan some and create alpha maps for it, but where i am (austria) its still winter and we dont have any leaves. then i thought, you people are all over the world, someone got to have spring! i'd really appreciate if some people could pick up some leaves, scan them and post here. we could then create some ready-to-use material files to drop on the trees.

as guideline: pick the most "normal" leaves you find of the tree. very irregular shapes or coloring will result in unnatural trees.

please do only post images, that you have the exclusive rights to - ideally could you transfer the rights to the hash community?

i'll start with the only one i have ..

http://www.kci-group.com/z/treeez/leaf2.zip

below is just a small preview, the link above is a tga file with an alpha channel.

leaf2.jpg

Hi, this is my first post to this forum.

Got A:M a couple of weeks ago and I'm just starting to find my ways around.

Anyway, was testing the tree plug-in and found out you can use it to make furnitures too.

/Lars

wow! that sure is a strange piece.

i think you'll like the new features i've programmed yesterday!

you should post the images as jpg to make then visible in-page and make them smaller downloads.

table00.jpg

wow! that sure is a strange piece.

i think you'll like the new features i've programmed yesterday!

You got me curios :)

you should post the images as jpg to make then visible in-page and make them smaller downloads

Sorry for that, i'm learning

/Lars

Has anyone done any toon rendered trees?  Am I missing those as I quickly scroll throught the forest of posts here?

Ask and ye shall etc.

toonTree.jpg

I notice that the particles are still rendering the toon line around their patch edge instead of their alpha channel edge. I wonder if this has ever been reported, anyone?

Here's some leaves. Australian groundcovers...but apart from that I'm botanically ignorant :D

I've scanned a lot more and i'll matte them as I get time. The fact that I'm doing some architectural stuff means I can call this work :D

http://www.artboxanimation.com/AmStuff/leaves.zip

Saved as tga's with alphas on a green BG , and rotated to orient correctly :D

Leaves1small.jpg

Wow Marcel, just in time. I'm working on a project that has a large call for trees and was having a heck of a time making one. This is just perfect! Oh hey, the scene has a car crashing into a tree so it will have to move. The Treez do move like normal mesh right? I know it's a studip question but I'm generally a paranoid person by nature.

You guys sure are making a lot of neat trees. I really like the furniture and Nancy's latest looks like an under water scene with coral. Makes me want to go get a PC so I can play. I'll post some leaf scans too. Keep up the great work.