Hash, Inc. Forums

Project Breckridge

Wildsided

• 3 weeks later...

I'm back with a bit of an update,

So in June of 2015, I posted this image.

Max and annie0.png

Of Annie and Max('s head) in a tender moment. I'd put Max on a back burner for quite a while and he got so badly burned that I decided to start over.

Below is a redux of the original image. Max doesn't have hair at the minute because particle hair and my laptop don't get along, so gonna make his hair out of textured geometry instead, at least that's the plan.

Max and Annie tender moment0.png

Thanks, guys :)

Quick question.

I used to be able to Copy/Paste an object that had a decal applied and it would make a copy of the object and also the decal so both objects had a decal applied. Now all of a sudden Copy/Paste is producing a blank object and no decal. I've tried resetting the settings to default but this hasn't solved the issue. Any ideas? Have I turned something off without realising?

• Admin
I used to be able to Copy/Paste an object that had a decal applied and it would make a copy of the object and also the decal so both objects had a decal applied. Now all of a sudden Copy/Paste is producing a blank object and no decal. I've tried resetting the settings to default but this hasn't solved the issue. Any ideas? Have I turned something off without realising?

I can't check A:M Reports at the moment but I think this is a known issue that may have been repaired (in v19).

In the interim, if you require that feature, you might install a previous release to get at that functionality.

Thanks Rodney. Got the technique from Naughty dog software, the company behind the Uncharted and The Last of Us games. They did this cool series of making of videos for the Last of Us and the layered plates thing coupled with textures and alpha maps is how they did the hair. Renders so much faster than particle hair, but I've deliberately avoided animating Annie because I predict it will be a bitch to animate.

• 5 years later...

I've been thinking about Breckridge a lot recently and decided to have a crack at re-making the model for detective Nye. This is the model so far with the rotoscope slapped on it as a decal from the front. So it's not properly flattened and applied and looks terrible from any angle other than this one.

1522485877_StartedNye0.png

• Like 1