Hash, Inc. Forums

From 1994

A:M Forums

I get a removed by user is because im using ie 8 on xp still,I seem to get a lot of bad things happening lately with it ,but don,t kno what to go to to replace it

It really does not matter what you get. Anything will be better ;).

I am a Firefox guy, Chrome is fine too, IE10 is much better than IE8 too (I am not sure if you can get that for XP, since MS does have some restrictions there) and you can use Safari (I am not recommending that for a PC user, but it still is much better than IE8)...

Every single one will be better, more secure, have more features and will be more customizeable if you want.

Just get rid of IE8. There is only one kind of browser that is less good: IE

I like firefox for three reasons:

- Mozilla is an organisation, not a big company trying to sell you stuff and collecting data with you using your browser.

- It has a better interface if you ask me... for many features in Chrome you need to know shortcuts and I am not a shortcut guy.

- FireFox has the best developer plugins for Websites available (like Firebug, WebDeveloperToolbar, LifeHeaders, etc.)

Speedwise there is no real winner between FireFox and Chrome... one version Chrome is faster, next day FireFox beats Chrome and the next day it is the other way around... in the end:

If you use one of those two, you are using one of the best browsers available.

See you

*Fuchur*

That video doesn't show up in chrome either.

It really has been removed by the user and like that it can not be seen in any browser BUT it STILL is a good time to get rid of IE8 because in fact ANY time is a good time to get rid of it...

See you

*Fuchur*

Thanks for your reply Fucher ,I think I will go with Firefox as you sugest .I am moving to Spain in 2 days and my own pc is packed but will change it as soon as I can .ill probably be out of touch for a few weeks untill I get the internet set up ,hope I can get a reasonable connection there.I will be around 30 km from Valencia

Thanks for your reply Fucher ,I think I will go with Firefox as you sugest .I am moving to Spain in 2 days and my own pc is packed but will change it as soon as I can .ill probably be out of touch for a few weeks untill I get the internet set up ,hope I can get a reasonable connection there.I will be around 30 km from Valencia

¡Ah, mi encanta Valencia! La ciudad de las flores y luz.

¡Bienvenido a España! :)

Fuchur, thanks for the rundown of browsers. I use Firefox on my office pc and Safari on my mac at home, but I have 4 or 5 browsers on the pc so I can do testing when Im coding.

I've got IE but only to access our company ftp site (and testing, but IE is always a disappointment!) otherwise, not so much.

Steve, good luck in Spain, sounds like an adventurous move!

Thanks a lot Gerry and Mark ,still not sure if its a good move but will see ,Do you remove IE when you add firefox

Ooooo...me guste Espana! Lucky you, it's a wonderful place.

At one time (and they may still be doing it), Spain was offering automatic citizenship to Sephardic Jews: Jews who's ancestors were kicked out during the Spanish Inquisition. My ancestors are believed to have been from Gormaz originally, but went to Turkey (500+ years) until they immigrated to the US cerca 1910. I fantasize about reclaiming the castle! (hah! more likely the hut).

You do not need to remove IE, but you should set Firefox to be your default browser (after downloading, installing). I believe you can specify that during and as well, after installation. But I can't remember where that is set.