Hash, Inc. Forums

Tom and Jerry music performed at the BBC Proms

robcat2075

My first thought after watching that is "We've lost something"......I guess technology

hasn't made everything better. :)

What incredible, complicated, and impacting work must have gone into just a few of

those episodes.

I understand how they must have timed the music and animation together into that,

but WOW.......that had to have taken great talent and planning.

Awesome.

William

• Hash Fellow
My first thought after watching that is "We've lost something"......I guess technology

hasn't made everything better. :)

What incredible, complicated, and impacting work must have gone into just a few of

those episodes.

I understand how they must have timed the music and animation together into that,

but WOW.......that had to have taken great talent and planning.

Awesome.

William

They definitely earned "The Golden Age" label that we give them today. :)

I don't know how Scott Bradley worked but Carl Stalling, who did the music at Warner Brothers, mostly worked from an exposure sheet he got from the director. They would confer on what sort of music would be right for each scene but he was scoring this music before he ever saw the animation, which i find very impressive.

Magnificent find, how up-lifting... and to see what is happening "behind the scenes".....

One, easily overlooks or forgets how important and helpful a sound track can be in animation, especially cartoon animation.

Thanks, Robert.