johnl3d

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• *A:M User*

I don't know, seems to me like Martin accomplished what he wanted. The feature set of AM is more or less complete, I'm not sure what else they could add at this point. AM is certainly the most affordable app out there and probably one of the more useable apps as well. I guess I'm not sure what you're trying to say.

All doing different stuff now.... It's kind of depressing to me. most of the people that I knew in the beginning, from the creators who made the software, to the dreamers who were creating awesome things with it are gone. [not everyone, but most...]

Martin used to get mad when anyone saw A:M as just a "tool"--it was something more than that. But that dream does seem to be over :(

With some easy googling:

Looks like Will Pickering is still involved with his very neat REAL railroad (and probably doing other things)

http://www.bycx.com/

And I suspect his brother Noel is still in France (based on google+ responses to his brother).

Bob & Randy Croucher I believe are still working at Disney (Interactive studios) (also google +)

Marshall hash is still in Florida (google)

Martin is still harassing Lew Waters (politician in Clark county, Wa), but I think? he's either in (or back from) Caribbean pursuing medical degree? He has too many google results to pursue.

None of us are safe from googling.

gosh.... this is a depressing thread.... not in that what people are doing now... that's great they are all off busy doing stuff... but those years where hash was a busy software company were fun. lots of users, lots of action on the email lists, then the forums.... it became a regular virtual community... I don't think we'll ever have it back...

well at least the forums are still up.