Hash, Inc. Forums
Sign in to follow this  
AZ3

Android

Has anyone worked with .xml files using Android w/Java? Or Eclipse with Java? OpenGL (embedded systems) 1.0?

They usually call everything a device now, but nobody laughs or says much when I call it a smart phone that I put apps on.

Plus some have big screens and they look just like a computer.

Not that I don't like my new computer, just can't program it much anymore.

One book did show me how to put a frame animation into an XML file, put the images into the proper res folder, and whammo... I got a floating couch on my phone... just as soon as the .apk was put into the RAM via ES File Explorer.

I could probably upload an .apk to show what I was studying currently, but I forgot what I renamed the one that hijacks your phone. But actually those things are very well managed on Android devices. .exe is what seemed to scare people off before. Thank you Google.

Has anyone worked with .xml files using Android w/Java? Or Eclipse with Java? OpenGL (embedded systems) 1.0?

They usually call everything a device now, but nobody laughs or says much when I call it a smart phone that I put apps on.

Plus some have big screens and they look just like a computer.

Not that I don't like my new computer, just can't program it much anymore.

One book did show me how to put a frame animation into an XML file, put the images into the proper res folder, and whammo... I got a floating couch on my phone... just as soon as the .apk was put into the RAM via ES File Explorer.

I could probably upload an .apk to show what I was studying currently, but I forgot what I renamed the one that hijacks your phone. But actually those things are very well managed on Android devices. .exe is what seemed to scare people off before. Thank you Google.

Umm...

While there is interest here... (who wouldn't want to extend A:M to mobile devices?)... you may have better response via sites dedicated to programming on Android.

Then to up the ante and improve the development forum, share what you learn here. :)

I wasn't sure what you were asking. :unsure:

Actual coding is beyond most of us here so we're not a great resource for answers on it.

I wasn't sure what you were asking. :unsure:

Actual coding is beyond most of us here so we're not a great resource for answers on it.

That is why I stopped.

And read me some DirecdtMusicProducer...

Took me 'bout 6 months to learn ... Java... XML.... boom shaka lakaq....

'but put the .mdl into a form I can stick in the smart phone device thingy....

I think if you were going to run AM on an Android tablet, you'd have to do it in an NT4 or Win2k virtual machine running on vmware or virtualbox or something, seeing as how there is no native Android AM version. NT4 would probably be sufficiently low on resources that you could actually do that. If I had an tablet I might try it, just for giggles.

I think if you were going to run AM on an Android tablet, you'd have to do it in an NT4 or Win2k virtual machine running on vmware or virtualbox or something, seeing as how there is no native Android AM version. NT4 would probably be sufficiently low on resources that you could actually do that. If I had an tablet I might try it, just for giggles.

I was trying to put the output onto an app actually.

Edited by AZ3

this was everything i could find on Android programming.

i call the series "how to make an android program in 200 simple steps"

with a name like that, you know its not a short course.

this was everything i could find on Android programming.

i call the series "how to make an android program in 200 simple steps"

with a name like that, you know its not a short course.

Thank you for showing interest jobe (The Jobe?)

I've got an Apress book from B&N that may be the way to put animation on the 'smart phone'.

The programming keeps me sane.

But imagine an animation in your pocket... then it's who's got the best music and animation to put on...

Monoboom Starplayer!!!

But forget the names, that's very, well, I don't know... premature?

A standard [adjustable tempo and frame rate for multiple sprites and backgrounds] to put us all on devices...

I think the devices will get an A:M user addicted... 25s animation (to the beat) and 5s commercial (animated?)... next 25 seconds please...: )

But sprite at 8fps, background 4fps, 120bpm, can we do 32fps when Vera touches down to the boom?

And then light it up...

I don't want to run A:M on anything less than a laptop (current situation, prefer neon office w/multiple desktops).

It's the output that needs to go on the phone (um. Now!, or whenever cause it will be a contest of content then)...

But I'd like to see the program to do so ripped off here, right? So long as the animation corresponds to the sound... ie {boom at 4s--->, ?measure beat, frame 64 sprite:32 background:8 sprite2, (8th beat?[120 bpm])

<yea just how do I render it... well how do I slap the song together...> <-- Don't know yet.

It's not as easy as it sounds, but the plan is to do it all myself for now :P . Thing is, there's video players that exist, and that just doesn't sound efficient enough for me.

But worst case... a decent animation on the idioternet? No, that just won't do. <nothing against the internet>

All goes back to visualizing the songs I hear.

As always, keep this top secret :lol: .

Just wondering if an apk file can be uploaded. I at least got something on the device for now.

Edited by AZ3

:rolleyes:

While there is interest here... (who wouldn't want to extend A:M to mobile devices?)... you may have better response via sites dedicated to programming on Android.

Then to up the ante and improve the development forum, share what you learn here. :)

I'd like to share what I've learned so far if anyone is interested. I have a start and if anyone wants to put an apk example on their device (I use ES File Explorer on Android) then I'll show what I have (which isn't much yet) and see how someone else could modify it with their own images... which is the eventual idea.

Vera's dancing on the phone. [Ha!]

finally!!!![a sprite showing sweat.]

Ok then!

I Started with the basic B&N Android starter book:

Practical Android 4 Games Development: {StarFighter}

Setting up Android, JDK, omg, etc., will take a full 8 hour day, then it's confusing, but once you're navigating the Eclipse SDK (and don't know what the hell you're doing) it's well what it is.

An apk is a "bare" app not marketed but installable similar to a .exe. ^ES File Explorer on Android^ It's in the /bin folder believe it... Generated by the program(IDE - interactive development environment {that should get me laid}) after compile

// similar to an R. file that you don't edit. Pictures go in the /res/drawable folders (:)

But no. Just a sprite dance in front of an animated background? aka...sprited"" background,,, . . . the SPProps class... a hybrid... a rebel class with...

rebel methods. //TODO add library joke

With music to the frame?

Booom!!!

Oh and you need to compile the images in the compiler when the app is created until we can just replace the /res/drawable/ files with links. After that... :blink: .

I trolled another Forum>(thread)? [thing with text] to test uploading a(n) .apk file which didn't work.

But the .apk works now. not sure if you uploaded what I tried to send... obviously not right?

I'd send you a picture, but... :)

I'll keep working on it until anyone else seems interested, but update me by email if you could when someone responds to Android forum, ppplease.

Edited by AZ3

I guess you're wanting a player of 3D meshes rather than movie files?

This sounds like a basic game engine is what you want? no?

I'll note that there is something called "webGL" that can display 3D shapes in certain enabled browsers.

Here's a sample of one of my models in webGL

I don't know if anyone has gotten it to do animation of rigged characters, although it should be able to somehow.

I'm just going with a simple 2D game based program for now. 4 "layers" of images using alpha transparency (black background doesn't render).

I like the real-time 3D, but I just can't come up with a way to utilize it right now... So, it's just putting animations on a phone right now, and improve on how the music (voice, sound effects, etc.) plays better (to the animation). So, right now, I'm trying to get it to work using sprite sheets, but that turns into a lot of memory usage (leaving room for more sound files no less). I did pursue real-time 3D at first and I'll show how far I got, but it was just a spinning sphere.

If it works... (I know I get it running on my Kyocera Event)... I'd like it to work in a fashion that allows anyone to put their animations and/or music into it without needing to know how to program it. But still allow the program to be simple and adjustable to allow flexibility for how the next app looks. (And leave room to eventually say... "it's good, just not Starplayer material, now is it [Joel?]"),

I know it looks scatterbrained right now and I do wake up with the ol' "it'll never work" feeling everyday... But if you can get the .apk file on my profile to download and work... and then let me know!, you'd be the first! Sure it has problems and the animation was just to see if it displays really, but it would mean the program (app) works and just needs improvements (forever and ever and ever!) and new ideas.

I like the idea (not so much just an idea while I work on the next demo) of fixing up a dance without worrying about background, lights, props. Then, if I render a good dance, grab from a pool of backgrounds, props, lights. Or, render a cool light show another night. Then mix and match, eventually. Works with work in progress well... as well.

But, anybody could render a sprite sheet for your app using some fotoslop software eh?. ... Yea, if you want to see some weak ripoff of South Park.

I'm using 12fps... 5 12x12 sprite sheets per minute (easily adjustable to increments of 12s, ie loop 6 sheets for 1:12 or 5 sheets for 1:00 (default for now). Music would be aligned perfectly for 16fps at 120 bpm, then timing say a drum stroke with a beat.wav would be easy, but it doesn't work out smoothly with other things. Works every other second and a half I think.

I'll put what I find on here, but I do not want to waste anyone's time, or worse, get hopes up (unless it works, oh!). But it looks far more promising than a VB6DX8.1 program that has been deprecated (oh? what's that mean... means it'll never work!) since Vista.

All the help (outside of here) has been through Apress publications. Mainly, Practical Android 4 Games. I drifted from the Starfighter project after Ch. 5.

The SDK, IDE (Eclipse), Java SDK, Android SDK... all free. Very intimidating at first (if I recall from a year ago), but very nice once familiar. Plus, you can make an app without knowing Java or XML (not suggested except for quick fun) using the interface in Eclipse. Took 8 full hours to understand how to setup for me.

Thank you for the replies!!!

The Starplayer app is ready to start sharing (I even finally heard it worked for someone). I'm leaving the program as is for now, I am unfamiliar with the whole process of testing it, but I'm sure someone will help, no luck on Android forums yet. For now, I was thinking of a (green!) St. Patrick's Day theme...dancing shamrocks. Oh, and I'm desperately trying to calm down! It's like an international conspiracy movie in your mind, but nothing happens! Who has the app? Does it work? Nobody cares? Didn't notice? Anybody? I know it doesn't look as good as it could. It's not going on Google Play until it does, or go ahead put it there. There should be a 'Pre-Play'. And it could be 5 cents, but the intention is to profit from advertisers (anybody!?!), share the code (more like unload it off your brain for a bit). I hope it doesn't require too much social skills or salesmanship, though I've learned to respect those qualities in others.

I'm afraid I don't have an Android machine to do any testing. I guess being tied to A:M pretty much ties me to Windows so I've never looked into other platforms much.

But I wish you good luck in your endeavor and hope it results in useful knowledge. :)

I'm afraid I don't have an Android machine to do any testing. I guess being tied to A:M pretty much ties me to Windows so I've never looked into other platforms much.

But I wish you good luck in your endeavor and hope it results in useful knowledge. :)

Fun thing about it is you don't even need that to make your own app. The sprite sheets can be swapped out in 5 minutes (I'll do that for you!), and you'll have your own app. I just can't upload files here as necessary...(oh, and I'll just go off if someone says set up a website, but I could see that working, just not right now).

I never heard of an Android machine, but it sounds logical that there is some sort of system built to do so, bet Google has one. To set up Android Developer Tools (plan to make a day of it), I use Eclipse, then a Java Developers Kit, then Android Developers Tools, (I think there's one more, but it's massively confusing at first). It's all on Windows 8, and it's all free. (So no excuses! Bwa haa ha!) A beginner's book or two would be highly recommended. Eventually, I could send a ready to go workspace, but for now I can share a PDF of most of the code, just before the latest update to see if it's something that you (or anyone else) would be interested in. It could only assist with setting up animations. I think I mentioned Napolean's Sprite Sheet editor before, it's free, time consuming somewhat, but easy enough to use. I have a readme file (which I can't upload) that explains most of that, but I think I mentioned it above (and I just won't even look to find out, what's up with that?)

But fair warning, it can get frustrating. That's why I stopped... to make sure there's a beginner's path. Something works both ways there, but I'm spent on head wobbling mumbo jumbo.

Actually, I can't see where to attach anything here on the forum, and I don't want to use your site for something that could be deemed as spamming or whatever. If someone could help out, just send me an email or message. I'm sure someone there has my email.

Oh, and to run an apk, I use ES File Explorer on the device, and a usb to super tiny usb cable. Then it's drag and drop as always. Then you're a beta tester! And you can say "screen goes black!" or "I don't see how it's a game" or "music stops" or well, you get the idea.

Anybody? anybody? ...

Been offline for awhile. Haven't been programming or anything. Learning my Arturia and Mixcraft... Fun to play with sound effects while watching movies or television... especially machine guns and explosions during a movie like Transformers. A roll of giftwrap makes a nice virtual fighting stick and baton. If you walk in a "circular L" pattern in a hotel room, it surprisingly times out to the music...like every time! Only took 5-6 months to figure out! The tiles by the door make a neat hopscotch pattern to walk and turn around. I used a magnifying glass from a radio with buttons for effects to look closer at the tv (which runs on alternating current) and noticed 3 layers of colors for each pixel looks like. Best viewed on the channel with white, ?,cyan, green, purple, red, blue, black (same color pattern as white, I don't get it!). Green and Purple appear to be best, but it's still 3 primary colors...

What else? Hmm...Oh!

Circuit boards and flashlights make nice images. A flashlight towards the TV set looks like an X-Wing Fighter, fun, fun, fun! I bought a bouncing ball to play virtual soccer and golf (gift wrap roll again!) I don't touch my toes when I can hold my fingers on the floor (straight legged). Most importantly, I also navigate around the room with my eyes closed, and appreciate what I have (boo who?).

Oh! almost forgot. I think flying a resume with a remote control chopper to prospective employers is a great idea for everybody...but I'd wait until Amazon delivers packages through the air first...then we need to fly pre fab swimming pools to your back yard! Then Airmail! In a snowstorm!

But wait!

Wonder if a sprite sheet works similarly to pixel layout? As I recall there are only 3 colors that make up the 8 bars of colors on that TV station, but it's usually much more complex than that...and that'd be tertiary instead of a binary format to pick the mix of colors, but that's just another number, so streaming a 0,1 or 2 from left to right? Hmm? Don't know! What about compression that goes line by line, but with a loop so it compresses 1/12th of the line at a time? Could that be more efficient? Don't know how that stuff works, but I saw the finale of some computer show where that was the big deal...then it got real intense when it came to a 3D file! Ooh! What's that? Seriously now, I'm just not familiar with who uses 3D files and probably would actually welcome an explanation. I got stuck trying to animate a mesh with AMXtex, although rotating and translating was pretty (well simplified?) easy in the code (after it finally worked) for Pilot and Rooms, which, of course could still be converted to C++, but I don't use that much. Translating any VB6 code to Java and putting it on Android looks pretty impossible from what I was looking at...Plus, those things take a lot of time to do, so I'm hoping VB can still be made to implement DX8.1 because they just slammed the door after that with "managed mode" and some other stuff. I'm sure it's still viable in some places, as I noticed the video poker game at the restaurant was still running on XP. And can't they open up the Xbox 360 to tinker with? It's just a computer...that uses DirectX8.1, if I'm not mistaken.

My website had some advertisements which I thought was from GoDaddy having fun, then called them up and got angry, only to realize it was something I downloaded. I'm getting the hang of feeling stupid and embarrassed, though, and it's really not that bad. Otherwise, still figuring it out as I go. Should end up with a decent portfolio at least...if the whole new way to display video in a stand alone app that could easily be streamed with 5-10 image files per minute to track rather than whatever buffering is doesn't pan out. Not to mention hooking a device up to a projector! And what else could those layers be used for? Images with tiny holes or something? Color filters? Switching views? Depth perception? I don't know, but would like to find out someday.

I was going to put a sort of tutorial on the website to show how sprite sheets are put in, etc. That's really all that changes the video content, along with a few lines of code commented out or numbers changed due to the number of sprite sheets.

I'll start with 1 sheet at 12fps (so 12 seconds). It'll be a horrible dance by Vera. The render order is reversed still, but...easy to fix later...and that pesky advertise here sign that needs to be clicked...just looks unprofessional.

Then, add lights then ...lose Administrator privilege on my own computer!...Who the heck..? Anyway, it won't let me create the .apk file now. I'll find the link to the sprite sheet editor I used and add some tips how to use it, then fix up the project file with the models and put the action in there...then spell it out clearly that someone could send in their own sprite sheet, or multiple sheets and have an app sent back with the Starplayer name on it...like Starplayer-SelenaGomez or something. Then fix the other stuff some day soon.

Does anyone know what to do to protect a computer program in regards to having it stolen. Is it a copyright or patent? I remember hearing the intent needs to be shown, and I think that's clear, but it would also be nice make sure I don't get shut out of my own design. I'm sure Google is way ahead of the game on a lot of that stuff and the open-source stuff is a good idea as well, but I'm not getting any advice, so if someone could please help. I'm calming down after the initial joyride which a lot of times ends in a massive crash.

Well, I think I cleaned that up fairly well.

Does anyone know what to do to protect a computer program in regards to having it stolen. Is it a copyright or patent?

Martin Hash would know! He's a lawyer. It's unlikely he will make an appearance, however.

I have seen both copyrights and patents cited in the splash screens and other docs of programs so it's a rather complex issue to which I have not much insight and to which much fog has been added since the computer age.

I think copyrights and patents give you protection on paper but having money to pay lawyers is what gets you protection in practice.

So, the Starplayer code is on the site if anyone wants to play with Android. Of course the Rooms code is there as well. Any suggestions as to what to do with it from here would be greatly appreciated! Maybe sell it! Or put animated videos on it? May not look super professional, but it's all I could do, thought others might take an interest by this time.

Oh and forgot the thank you to robcat. Yes, if it's on my site with my code using my characters, what is there to worry? But if it's meant to be shared so we can see better stuff, I should be able to back up the intention until it comes time to have to fill out the paperwork for what reason I still don't know. No need for lawyers unless that's someone's thing and I really wouldn't care, it's just not what I was working toward, which I'm sure you get. But please give me a shout if I'm about to get screwed over, which is the hard part to deal with. But the good video on the mobile device won't come from that and we all know it. So as long as my crap can be found and not stolen, no protection money necessary. What about the copyright for some under 18 kid. Does he even care? I think South Park has more psych tech in this regard... and it's funny. But they're probably wondering if anyone's seen their show yet from what I can tell.

And Special / Trolling is about as bad an insult as you can sling at me. I have feelings too. Trying to help and getting F***ed would be a better description.

And Special / Trolling is about as bad an insult as you can sling at me. I have feelings too. Trying to help and getting F***ed would be a better description.

You are special... of that there is no doubt... but that's only the first item in that particular category.

I suspect you got there before Trolling was added to the description of that category.

But also consider that being creative (especially) and trolling can easily look like the same thing if/when they constitute disruptive activity.

It would be an acknowledgement of being wise to accept the fact that your proclivity for disruptive posting in the past landed you in that category.

I hope you continue to channel your creativity in positive ways as that could very easily occupy its own special topic category.

Then you wouldn't have to worry about inappropriate labels.

What say you to that?

Are you up to moderating your own Special Topic?

It's infinitely easier to stay on topic when it is your topic.

I'm now totally lost here, Darrin...really lost.

I'm now totally lost here, Darrin...really lost.

I assume Darrin refers to the fact that one of the forum member categories he belongs to (or under a previous login once belonged to... I'd have to check) is labeled Special/Trolling. That is a membership group used for folks with a history of sharing very creative visions, often accompanied by explicit language (and forever off topic).

Rather than ban the member, that group can have it's properties tweaked in order to restrict hours of posting or other disruptive behavior without otherwise adversely effecting their permissions.

That membership category is seldomly used these days but in the past it was better than deleting hundreds of posts fired in rapid succession or banning members that would otherwise awake in the morning to the regret their creativity.

There should be a warning label on certain things like SDK's and such. Something to the effect that you'll feel like King of the world, then nobody will notice, then severe mental problems will develop, then...back to normal. I don't care so much about the trolling label because in comparison to getting an Android application to work, that's just fun and games. If you ever work on a program, and see it crash, then fix it, then 'oops! lost everything', then "got it to work!", then you'll know, but it involves staring at a blank screen a lot of the time without knowing how to fix it.

Yes, thank you, Rodney. I never meant to disrespect this forum, and I don't use Twitter for just the reasons you described above. But it happens to a lot of people I've heard, where they get on Twitter and something takes over that causes them to talk berserk, and that happened to me a lot. Fortunately there is an edit button.

Well, I started this topic long before getting my app to work. At first it seemed like a lot of interest, then things got messed up. But there will be a better app at some point, and if anyone wants to use Starplayer for their own animations on Android, I think it would be a great start to something. Let me know if you sell anything, I suppose, but it's kind of messing with my head putting the code out there for free. Just didn't know what else to do, and got scared of losing it, then figured I always wanted to share it. So maybe some kid out there is having fun with it, I don't know, but that would suit me just fine.

Yes, I did start this "special" topic as AZ3, and you told me to up the ante and share what I learn...so, there you go. I "accidentally" posted some pictures on another topic... and I apologize.

Sound good to me. :)

Well, I have to clean up my posts again, but the main intention here was to see animations on the smartphone with an adjustable frame rate, multi-layered video player using sprite sheets. That way it's easier to collaborate and easy to adjust. Not really trying to compete with anyone.

Yes it involves a lot of editing posts after one's mind outpaces their ability to convey a concept...and most concepts are junk!

Well, I think aside from it being difficult on a mobile device to get to a normal website, once on monoboom.co, one could redirect to other sites, but mainly http://www.monoboom.co//whatever/ pages. But, the apk files there don't download as .apk extension files as they were uploaded, you get a long text file name without an extension. I can't find a way to rename it on my device, but it downloads into the Download folder. So, I don't think Android has a problem with being able to clear that up, although Google would not want any other way outside of Play. But Google sits on Android like they own it (not that I'm making any kind of judgement here), but Play was never mentioned from Eclipse Android Developer Tools. Oracle may have been mentioned as sitting on Java like they own it (again...), but that's like saying Microsoft owns C++, or that Apple owns OpenGL. So, I think it should be easy to fix up the website and make it easy to navigate to... Like the app would be the website, and the actual apps you'd click on to view a different video...replacing the old app...named Starplayer.

But for now, you need to download Starplayer (APK) to get a file like 933gt9pqupgh8ghppph, then rename it to starplayer.apk, transfer it to your device with a USB connection, then just click on it.

So, I don't know who to talk to about it...My last chat with GoDaddy told me .apk is an Android file, but they were probably looking at it as if I wanted the file to run on their website rather than just make it download properly as starplayer.apk, or a different name will insall it over the old app.

Then it's just making animations, which can be less than awesome for starters, until a group of animations come out for Starplayer2! Then, it'll be a $1.00. Should be perfectly clear, and of course that dollar would get split accordingly to which animators get the most downloads. So, does that generate any interest?

Let me know if anyone gets the app to work because working on making it look nice is going to be another long endeavor, and I'm not seeing much information on adjusting settings within OpenGL...

I haven't had much luck with other sites as far as advice on graphics and stuff as was suggested above.

Just a few cosmetic touches for the Google Play app, then figuring that process out. But the app is set up to make it easy to put in new content...a concept I prematurely and inappropriately took as obvious here when posting.

It renders the Props first now with .jpg so ...

Then lights(png for transparency), which look horrible, but good for the app cause someone will fix that up! probably me :(...but adjusted with a button... we'll get to that a little further down the post...

Then Dancer)png(, adjusted with ...another button!

Then the background(png) was switched to buttons to render last and up front using the touch features which get pretty fantastic if you look into the OpenGL literature.

So, it's going to look cheesy at first, and first reaction will be "That's it?". But just swap in new sprite sheets and ...whammo! Update to Starplayer! but there needs to be a way to switch between versions... hence the need to not make it look terrific... just get it going...and back it up.,etc.

Napoleon's Sprite Sheet Editor is invaluable. So a 12x12 sprite sheet (at 12fps, hence 12s per sheet) switches with the press of a button as it's laid out. SPLightSheet+=1 in SPGameView or SPDancerSheet+=1, but all that's needed is a different sprite sheet?! : ))) //Can we stream it!? Ha!

I put the .apk on the website but I think there's security issues, etc. that won't allow it to run, so I'll remove that and go through the publishing process. Hopefully soon, it will just be a matter of putting sprite sheets together for more animations on smartphones, etc.

Beta testing is just as obscure and lonely as developing...But I put another version on the website and if you get it to work, let me know, or if you get an error... right now it looks like when it goes into OpenGL Renderer mode, some phones just tap out.

dancer1.png

props0.png

lights5.png

The app looks like this on my phone.

That's me changing the lights!

Just noticed my icon looks like Sbarky's tokin'.

You click to change the dancer and light show (png sequence).

The background is in the props class with jpeg, while SPBackground was used for the buttons. JPEG's don't work with color transparency I found out, but if used as a background????....I mean props!

0728142054-00.jpg

0729141502-00.jpg

Well, it's out on Google Play as Monoboom Starplayer if anyone wants to see it. Not great, and it's basically a Beta test, but I can't find the place to do that, seems that's more "in-house" type of thing. Never got any response on the website, so... there you go!

Bet it gets total silence on Google Play as well! But at least I can see if anyone downloaded it. As far as the A:M content, that only took 2 days, so that will get better, just want a solid app to put it on.

It's very cool that you can do that. Color me impressed. :)

Thank you!

Just found out I need to use Google Analytics SDK to actually track the # of downloads, uggh! Still not sure which version of Android implemented OpenGL ES 1.0 (going with minSDK version 1 for now!) so it may be crashing on a lot of phones with earlier versions of Android, but I'll be unaware for now. It says 0+ downloads! Is that like infinity- ?

The idea is still that you can put your animations on it too. Just need to put the sprite sheets together... But I've noticed that people just don't seem interested. At least the idea can be seen. Monoboom Company has a product!

The statistic tracker does work in my Google Play account...I've got 1+ download now! It's all graphed out on a timeline!

I plan to put a new version on weekly, until it looks so good...it's like whoa! But it's fun to learn and show the progress to me, other people think in terms of the "Big Deal", and I sometimes fall into that trap as well. So, there's always that "this could be better, etc.", but I'll put out what was done for the week. That makes it like a show (or shows if anyone is interested), with a reason to keep tuning in! Get it? I just got it about a day ago...

But with 1+ download (me), I would rather be in an actual insane asylum. At least I could get high on pills or something...not feel guilty watching TV all day...play chess and talk about things that don't make any sense...pretend something's happening with what I worked on, etc.

...Flirt with the nurses...write poetry...draw crazy pictures...relax.

Oh, just search monoboom on Playstore and it's the only (free!) app that shows up.

And streak emitter is a cool material.

fireworks26.png

Edit to remove post.

Adding last entry for the time-being. time-being says it's about time.