Hash, Inc. Forums

Library thumbnails

Phaedrus

• Hash Fellow
How would one go about updating the the thumbnail found in the library for each model.

Welcome to the A:M forum, Phaedrus!

I'm not a Library icon expert but this... orient the model in the model window to how you'd want the icon to appear, then RMB>Create Icon and then resave model. I think that will do something.

How would one go about updating the the thumbnail found in the library for each model.

Welcome to the A:M forum, Phaedrus!

I'm not a Library icon expert but this... orient the model in the model window to how you'd want the icon to appear, then RMB>Create Icon and then resave model. I think that will do something.

Thank you Robcat2075

Alas I suppose I should have mentioned I'm still running AM2004 version 10.5 :(

I don;t see a Create Icon with the "right mouse click" in the model window.

Thank you though

Hi Phaedrus,

I don't have v10.5 to try this but have you tried:

Make a square image of the model you want to use for it's Preview icon.

Go to the model in the PWS open the Property triangle, go to File Info and open that.

Now RMB on the Default Preview icon/perviously assigned image and choose 'Assign Preview Image'.

Use the navigation window that then opens to find the image you wish to use. When done re-save the model.

Screen_Shot_2013_09_18_at_18.40.52.png

Greetings,

I've used a base model and have changed it quite a bit but the original thumbnail remains in the library.

Thanks very much in advance

wait, you guys have a library?

I had my stuff on a website.

Edited by AZ3

wait, you guys have a library?

Yes you have a panel called "Library". I'm at work now (no where near A:M) so I can't see the application but i think under the view menu option you can check off "Libraries".

Here's a link on setting up additional libraries http://www.hash.com/lib/

Hope it helps

Similar boat, no A:M now, but I have to plug some chips into my computer now ... on Windows 8... C:\AM

I tried to upload some models, actions, etc. video. So, let me know if it worked!

Edited by AZ3

Greetings,

I've used a base model and have changed it quite a bit but the original thumbnail remains in the library.

Thanks very much in advance

oh... no clue.