Hash, Inc. Forums

Cartoony traffic/city animation

John Bigboote

BIG thanks to whoever did the cartoony car and brownstone apartments. This animation was a 'quick build' with elements I had laying around... for a corporate 'ra-rah' video, used as a module to house the headshots, names and TERRIBLE videos of the corporate bigwhigs and supporting their 'MERGE LANES' theme. There will be 7 inset videos in all.

MERGE_CUT_TEST.mov

And- they ginked me...! After getting the green-light to (quote) rinse and repeat the same animation over and over with 7 unique videos inserted (I even questioned them on the repetition, they're words were "rinse and repeat") now... they are asking for 7 unique animations... different cars, colors etc and they state that 'this is what we asked for." I tell you... the older I get- the harder it is to communicate simple things. And when I asked them to reshoot some of the videos that take less than 2 minutes to produce because of shakey hands, inaudible speech, wind noise, low resolution etc... they act like 'what? we do GOOD WORK, buddy!' I thought I was DONE, now I have 7X the work. Corporate animation SUCKS!

Matt, the point of corporations seems to be to suck the fun out of the world.

What they should be, is amazed and thankful they were able to get that level of quality for an internal presentation. Instead, they just see it as an opportunity to ask for more.

Oh well, it looks great and like you said, you did get to save some on the front end.