Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Question about 3d support?

rwilkens

I haven't used animation:master in a while, a long while, in fact I can't find my CDs so I soon plan to repurchase (or subscribe or whatever the deal is now), what might have me interested in playing again is this: For about a year now I've been playing more and more with my NVidia 3d vision display. I now own 3 pairs of 3D glasses, so I can use it to watch or show what is on the screen to others.

I know for a fact (from memory) that Hash A:M supported 3d *rendering*, that is when I used it a few years ago it supported I think it was the red/cyan 3d rendering so if you used the glasses that came with it, it would display the 3d image though a little discolored.

Has anyone had success with getting the 3d rendering to display properly with maybe the I think it is still called "NVidia 3d Vision Photo Viewer" or "NVidia 3d vision video player"? I'm not going to ask "how" right now, because I have yet to redownload the software. Only if people have had success with it or not. I think it is as simple as rendering the images so ones on the left and ones in the right and the display software "fixes" it for the 3d display (might be wrong).

-Robert

p.s. I was last here when work was beginning on TWO and I just went ahead and ordered a DVD, I'd love to see what was done especially if it was done mostly or entirely with this software, always good to see what the available tools are capable of doing.

p.p.s. ignore my websites below - had to edit this when I saw at least some of them no longer exist

Edited by rwilkens

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow

Welcome back!

If you are asking about a "live" 3D view in the interface, no, A:M doesn't support that.

A:M will render for 3D. It natively supports side-by-side pair, anaglyph (red/blue) and interlaced formats.

I don't know if those are enough to work with your Nvidia card but if they aren't you might try the free Stereo Photo Maker program which can resave Stereo pairs to just about any format that is in use now.

http://stereo.jpn.org/eng/stphmkr/