Hash, Inc. Forums
steveb

mac OpenGL not found on startup

On Starting AM I receive 2 errors and am unable to use it.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Just purchased and installed the V17 subscription.

1. "No graphics assistance driver found."

2. "Real-time Driver error. Please choose a different one and restart Animation Master"

The Options/Global tab shows me

"Real-time Driver:

OpenGL"

The model/choreography region is not drawn to screen, transparent to the windows below. AM isn't finding OpenGL

I don't have problems with any other apps and OpenGL

Specs

AM 17.0G

System: OSX 10.8.4

Processor 2.26 GHz Intel core 2 Duo

Memory 4GB 1067 MHz DDR3

Graphics NVIDIA geForce 9400M 256 MB

Attached a pic of the OpenGL capability of this system

Does anyone have any ideas of what is happening, or a workaround?

AM V16 worked fine last year.

post-930-1375086563_thumb.png

Edited by steveb

Unless this is a Finder issue (which it does not sound like to me) I'd say just reinstall and try again.

To my knowledge there have been no reports of issues with OpenGL behaving as you describe posted to the forum previously.

If you have recently updated anything related to OpenGL and/or your graphics card that would be relevant to the trouble.

I assume you can check/update graphics card drivers on Macs like you can on PCs.

All the Mac gurus will be along shortly to ramp up the aid and toss in their suggestions for solutions...

Added: One thing you could do to validate the issue would be to download and install the last v16 release.

With the websubscription you can run v16 simultaneously with v17.

I haven't had this problem, but my graphics card is an ATI Radeon HD 2600 (several years old) not an NVIDIA. I think your NVIDIA card supports CUDA. You may try running the latest update from here.

I haven't had this problem, but my graphics card is an ATI Radeon HD 2600 (several years old) not an NVIDIA. I think your NVIDIA card supports CUDA. You may try running the latest update from here.

In v18 there will be a new OpenGL version (3 in oposite to 1) as far as I know, but if you are running v17 this should not be implemented.

Like that it should not give you any trouble AS LONG as there has not been some kind of support been dropped by Apple or Nvidia.

See you

*Fuchur*

Thanks everyone, but no luck

Removed V17

Installed latest CUDA from NVIDIA

Installed V17 still fails

Installed V16 same problem

Screen grab of V17 install attached

post-930-1375140936_thumb.png

Edited by steveb

But v16 worked fine last year and does no longer work for you?

Sounds to me like something is wrong with your computer there...

Any new hardware installed? Any software running beside A:M? Does your graphiccard have any problems?

(it is the worst thing to say that, because who has 3 graphiccards at home to switch with but:)

Did you try with another graphiccard? Maybe it is damaged?

See you

*Fuchur*

Sorry Running V16 on the mac was an error.

Its been a year since I last used AM and I felt sure I was using it on the MAC and PC. But checking my invoices and downloads I only have PC downloads, and just the one receipt. I recently removed a program with a similar name on the mac.

So I can't say that it has run on this computer(MAC).

I have no other problems on this computer. Other 3D apps work without problems, Cinebench was able to run through all its tests without problem.

GLview (openGL extensions viewer app) runs through all the initial tests without a problem. Later ones fail but that is to be expected on an older computer and can be seen in the first attachment.

The Mac is just a standard macbook pro 13".

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.