Hash, Inc. Forums

v18.0 Alpha Tester

Hello,

At this time we are looking for a few alpha/beta testers for v18.0. To join you will need to meet the requirements below.

Requirements:

• Active A:M Reports Account
  • Active v17.0 subscription
  • Competence in Animation Master Current & Past Versions
  • The willingness and ability to fill out out detailed reports to A:M Reports when a bug is found.

To Sign Up

To sign up for testing please email support@hash.com with the information below.

• best email for contact
  • A:M Reports Users Name and Email.
  • Current Operating System and Version
  • OpenGL Version & Video Card

Hi Folks

I am a V18 tester. Do we have a spot on the forum where we can talk about new features with V18 in terms of testing?

I noticed questions I brought up about V18 are now password protected. Where do I find the password?

My forum password does not work.

Hi Folks

I am a V18 tester. Do we have a spot on the forum where we can talk about new features with V18 in terms of testing?

I noticed questions I brought up about V18 are now password protected. Where do I find the password?

My forum password does not work.

You need to ask Rodney about that. He should be able to give you access for that.

See you

*Fuchur*

• Admin

Jason,

I sent you the password, however, as a member of the v18 Alpha group you should not require a password to access the v18 Beta area if you are logged into the forum.

For those that don't see the forum but want to access it it is located here.

• Admin
I'm logged in but v18 area is still asking for a password. My own password isn't working there.

I don't know who all signed up so you weren't part of the v18 group.

Try again now and see if you don't have access.

• Admin
hi Rodney.... I'm a v18 tester. And the area is still blocked.

I believe all requests to access the forum to this point have been processed.

If you are a tester and don't have access launch me a Private Message, email or simply post here and we'll get you access.

I recommend everyone log out/login again to the forum after being granted access.

This will ensure that no older settings are preventing access.

Happy testing!

• Admin
Beta testing closed already?

Umm... no. Testing just opened.

The only thing I'm facilitating right now is access to a forum area where folks can discuss the Beta release without generating a ton of noise for the rest of the forum.

Access to the v18 Beta Alpha release is still as outlined in the first post of this topic.

Since I don't know who sends a request I'm simply asking who wants access to the v18Beta forum.

Disclaimer: I have nothing to do with gaining access to the release of A:M (never have and likely never will).

There is A:M the program and the A:M Forum.

Jason Simmons is the primary point of contact for A:M related issues.

I just tweak the forum.

Sorry for any confusion.

Actually it is not even Beta-testing. We are in very early Alpha currently.

Perhaps this is a case of the blind leading the blind then.

Would you like me to change this topic's title?

I'd say not a bad idea.

See you

*Fuchur*

• 2 weeks later...
  • Hash Fellow

I started one a while back and can't find it now.

Built in Screen Space Ambient Occlusion is the big one.

Polygon export up to 4096

No more Direct 3D

Sticky Mode option

Screen snapshot button

You could check the change list on AMReports which has everything , including fixed bugs.

I started one a while back and can't find it now.

Built in Screen Space Ambient Occlusion is the big one.

Polygon export up to 4096

No more Direct 3D

Sticky Mode option

Screen snapshot button

You could check the change list on AMReports which has everything , including fixed bugs.

Wikified.

I know it's too late and I'm dreaming... but I would LOVE to see the ability to assign distortion mesh's to various/multiple bones...

There is nothing too late and nothing to be sure of for now... we are in ALPHA-testing!

Alpha means, everything is not final yet and it can be that features will vanish or appear till the beta or final version for technically, logical or user experience reasons.

Alpha:

In general closed and not public for the reason to not spoil too much especially since there are sometimes experimental features which will not make their way to the final release.

This is why in general Alpha is closed: People should not be getting too existed about features which for some reason or the other will not be in the final release. In general I prefer it when people wait with such spoilers till the beta version.

Beta:

This can be open to the public or not, depending on the company. It means: Features which are in this are very likely to be in the final release and just need testing to get rid of the bugs they may have introduced.

Since there is no Beta yet, we are not at all able to say what new features there will be in the new A:M version. Steffen has added several features on the way to beta in the last versions and it may (or may not) be that way this time again.

We have hints what MAY be added but we are not sure about that. OpenGL 3 for instance was not mentioned till now but is a quite big thing that has been changed...

it should increase realtime speed, decrease problems with Aero (and other modern interface-features in Windows and maybe Mac-versions) and possibilities drastically, but we will see... as I said before: NOTHING is final for now.

v18 will very likely not be released before spring or summer 2014... lets be patient till AT LEAST beta to make such assumptions...

Steffen is currently quite busy with his daytime job... it will very likely not be a monster release because of that, but who knows? We can't say that right now.

See you

*Fuchur*

• Hash Fellow
I know it's too late and I'm dreaming... but I would LOVE to see the ability to assign distortion mesh's to various/multiple bones...

Right now, distortion boxes give the same kind of deformation that weighted CPs between bones do. For this sort of feature to be a big advantage I think a new style of deforming would need to be created.

• Hash Fellow

A new interface thing I noticed... the rings on the Rotate manipulator get a semi-transparent fill when one is selected. This is most visible if the background color is white as in the "Macintosh" color scheme.