Hash, Inc. Forums

Just a Wooden Sword

kwhitaker

• Admin

Nice intro!

I still recall the scenes of

the boy finding the sword in the attic

... it's nice to see the full lead-in to that scene.

I'm just along for the ride here but it'd be nice to see a little more of the Wizard and his apprentice interacting just before Witch Lena appears in the forest. This would not only set up some anticipation of the Witch's arrival but also to help us understand who these two charactters are. We get to know the Wizard fairly well in this short intro but the boy... not so much. Although I'm sure we get to know him a whole lot better throughout the story.

The lively music works well up until Witch Lena appears but at that point it seems to work against the seriousness of the situation... that a boy has been magically transformed into a wooden sword (against his will!) and is now lost in some unknown land (as far as we know).

Ooooo.... the suspense.

I can hardly wait for the next episode! :)

love your helpful hints, and thoughts Rodney.

Lena just a little mischievously miss understood, therefore her music leads the way. not to serious, just a little fun. and even though Trell has been magically transformed into a wooden sword (against his will!) and is now lost in some unknown land, Trell being a Elf, and a student of magic,...i could say, hes a custom to the strange ways of their realm, and the wickedness of witch Lena.

• Admin

I suppose that is the downside of viewing shot by shot and scene by scene... it's hard to gain the context.

Perhaps your understated way of suggesting the fun proceeds the seriousness and danger is a further hint into the title itself, "Just a Wooden Sword". It's almost as if Trell were saying, rather nonchalantly, "Here we go again."

By the music I figure you were intentionally trying to keep things lite.

I can easily see a group of kids sitting around listening to... and now watching... these tales.

Spellbound in the telling.

" viewing shot by shot and scene by scene... it's hard to gain the context."

Yes it is. :)

Adding the music was such a large part of the movie for me, as the story teller, what words can't say hopefully the music. will. :)