Hash, Inc. Forums

Climbing Over a Wall

Here are the entrants in order. Please bear with me as this is the first time I have done this so I'm new to it.

I have named each movie after the person who created it to help distinguish each from the other.

Please review each entrant and email your vote to hash_animationcontest@outlook.com

Voting will be open until Sunday. Please keep in mind this is a contest on animation. Models, lighting, and sets are not to be considered in choosing the winner. Just the animation.

Please be sure the subject line is Contest Vote and the body of the email should have the name of the entrant you are voting for. Thanks :yay:

Markw.mov

Xtaz.mov

Ilidrake.mov

David_Higginsdj.mov

Sebastian_Pfeifer.mov

Simon_Edmondson.mov

Lloyd,

The email address you gave "hash_animator@outlook.com" responded back "failed permanently".

Thanks for catching that Rodney. My spell-checker decided it didn't like the email address and changed it. I didn't notice. It's been corrected above :)

• Admin

Congratulations Sebastian! :)

And congrats to all who entered.

Very impressive entries all around.

These contests are great stuff... although I didn't stick with it long enough to enter this one it even had me animating. :)

Here's something of a compilation of all of the entries. An attempt to edit all the entries into one cohesive story telling of the trials and cares of life and ending with the theme of perseverance: (if anyone has a talent for scoring/music it could use that!)

AnimationContest_Climbing_Over_a_Wall_sm.mov

Congrats Sebastian -------well deserved.

Rodney--- very nice compilation indeed. You made the sum greater than its parts and that's fancy math. Smiles.

So doesn't Sebastian get to pick the next contest as well....? Hopefully --I have time to try this time.

I was away on vacation but got to see and vote while away.

All great entries but they are no longer viewable individually (I can't find them anyways)and I don't recall which one was Sebastian's.

Would be nice to still have them in the topic to view.

• Admin

I think Lloyd might have accidentally deleted the previous topic while cleaning up and announcing the winner.

I've merged the two topics pending further instruction.

I agree that these need to be seen and appreciated.

They're inspiration for the next contest! :)

Sebastian ... Of course you used arm_FK_IK=ON and I noticed in some sequences the arm stretching when body(hips) moves. Is this behavior a setting up of Squetch rig ???

Sebastian ... Of course you used arm_FK_IK=ON and I noticed in some sequences the arm stretching when body(hips) moves. Is this behavior a setting up of Squetch rig ???

in this case the settings for the arms squetch property "scale to reach" was set to 100% ... scale to reach works only in ik mode. but you can also set the arm squetch values manually, this will work with ik or fk a s well... if you haven´t played around with the squetch rig in a while i´d highly recommend it, david is constantly refining it, and the installation process has gotten as easy as any other rig. it takes a little bit more thought on cp weighting than other rigs with fewer bones, but i like to have a character with maximum flexibility. especially for cartoony characters.

in this case the settings for the arms squetch property "scale to reach" was set to 100% ...

Thank you Sebastian.... This is one of the tools in Squetch rig that I didn't know... there are so many adjustments in this rig... an impressive/amazing work by Mr. Rigman ( David Simmons ).